Winners of 5 National Championships, 5 Clark Cups, 3 Anderson Cups, and a Bronze Medal at the 2013 Junior Club World Cup, the Dubuque Fighting Saints have a tradition of success. Entering its fifth season since returning to the USHL, the Dubuque Fighting Saints are committed to becoming one of the preeminent junior hockey organizations in North America. With an ownership group currently in the front offices of two NHL teams and a philosophy of applying a major league approach to junior hockey, the Fighting Saints are fully committed to developing talent both on and off the ice and advancing our players, coaches and staff on to NCAA and professional hockey.
The full-time position of Account Executive is responsible for the marketing, sale and service of season ticket packages, group tickets, party areas, club seating, suites and specialty seating areas.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Increase the number of team season ticket, club, group ticket and specialty seating partnerships while engaging existing clients and customers
- Facilitate the sale and activation of numerous season ticket, club and group accounts
- Develop and implement benefits for season, group, club and suite ticket holders
- Create ideas for unique game night promotions
- Assist in management and execution of game night promotions, Kids Zone, merchandise sales and additional items
- Represent team at numerous community events throughout the year
- Assist in all other areas of operation including rink preparation, merchandise, food and beverage, box office, customer service, game operations, promotions, grassroots marketing efforts and more
- Provide outstanding customer service to Dubuque Fighting Saints fans inside and outside the Mystique Community Ice Center
The qualified candidate should have:
- Bachelors Degree (recommended)
- 1-2 years of prior sales experience is preferred
- Passion for the game of hockey and a desire to help the sport grow locally, nationally and internationally
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills
- Ability to develop creative promotions and marketing initiatives
- Professional and friendly in-person and on-phone demeanor
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity with high ethical standards. A true team player
- Strong customer service skills and professional appearance
- Ability to work traditional and non-traditional hours including game nights, special events and community appearances. This will include some nights, weekends and holidays. This includes all home games plus special events and community appearances
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment while juggling many tasks at once. Excellent time management is required. Ability to perform physical tasks associated with position including lifting and moving boxes
Interested candidates should:
- Apply via Teamwork Online and E-mail their resume/cover letter to email@example.com. PDF and Word Documents (.doc) are preferred.
- No calls, please.
About the Dubuque Fighting Saints
The Saints returned to USHL play in the 3,079-seat Mystique Community Ice Center during the 2010-11 Season, winning the Clark Cup in their first year back in the USHL and winning both the Clark and Anderson Cups in 2012-13. The original Fighting Saints competed in the USHL for 21 seasons (1980 - 2001). The Club won the Clark Cup as playoff champions on three occasions (1981, 1983, 1985) under head coach Jack Barzee and produced a number of players that moved on to NCAA Division I hockey and the National Hockey League. One of the most well-known alumni of the original Fighting Saints was Gary Suter, a 17-year NHL veteran, two time Olympian, Stanley Cup winner, and member of the US Hockey Hall of Fame.
About Northern Lights Hockey, LLC
Northern Lights Hockey, LLC is the company that owns and operates the USHL franchise in Dubuque, Iowa. The owners of Northern Lights Hockey, LLC collectively provide an extensive background in both business and hockey, and represent interests on a national and local level. Philip Falcone, Chief Investment Officer of Harbinger Capital Partners and part owner of the NHL’s Minnesota Wild is the company’s principal owner. The ownership group also includes Peter Chiarelli, General Manager of the Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins, Mark Falcone and Brad Kwong, Managing Partner of Northern Lights Hockey, LLC. Philip Falcone, Chiarelli and Kwong all played hockey together at Harvard University in the mid- 1980’s. The group also includes local Iowan partners Mark Falb and David S. Field, M.D. Falb currently serves as Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Westmark Enterprises, Inc and Kendall / Hunt Publishing Company. Dr. Field has practiced orthopedic surgery for 30 years and has been the driving force behind hockey in Dubuque. Dr. Field also owned the Dubuque Thunderbirds the USA Hockey Tier III team that competed in the Central States Hockey League through the 2009-10 Season.