*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Ford Field Management, LLC is Detroit's premier sports and entertainment destination and is the game day home of the Detroit Lions. Throughout the year, Ford Field hosts events such as concerts, motorsports, college and high school sports, high school and college graduations, and more. Ford Field also has space available for conferences, meetings, and banquets. Ford Field has hosted major events such as Super Bowl XL and the 2009 NCAA Men's Basketball Final Four.
Ford Field Management and the Detroit Lions currently need an Events Intern. This position is based out of the Ford Field stadium located in Downtown Detroit. This position will report to theExecutive Director of the Quick Lane Bowl and Events. We will accept applications for this position until 11:59PM on Friday, April 10th, 2020.
This is a full-time internship working approximately 40 hours per week. The internship would begin on or around August 10, 2020 and end approximately at the end of the Detroit Lions season. This position is based at Ford Field in Detroit, MI. This is a paid position.
This position is responsible for supporting the Executive Director of the Quick Lane Bowl and Events and Events team with services directly relating to Events. Work will include coordinating event services with other departments: operations, catering, marketing, parking, merchandise, premium sales, sponsorship, broadcasting, facility services, security, housekeeping, IT, etc. Work may be reviewed through oral feedback, throughout meetings and by evidence of event client and team member satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
The Events Intern position will have daily responsibilities including, without limitation, the following:
- Assist the event lead for certain events, to work directly with the client (pre-determined by employer) and delegate all client needs to the appropriate departments as necessary.
- Assist the Operations Manager to supervise and coordinate operational and logistical elements for street parties that are held the day of the event.
- Grassroots marketing including social media (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram) implementation for various events as needed.
- Game Management liaison for major sporting events. Assist with team bands, travel arrangements, equipment, practice, and game logistics.
- Assemble décor RFPs for major events and negotiate pricing to determine the best candidate for bid.
- Signage – Ensure that all necessary signage is created and displayed for all major events to accommodate guests.
- Represent and promote Quick Lane Bowl at all major events
- Detroit Lions Pregame Tailgates – Assist in managing operational and logistical elements for tailgates on Brush Street prior to Lions games. Includes chalking the street, determining vendor booth locations, making sure all vendors adhere to the NFL Best Practices and Ford Field guidelines, and maintaining a safe environment for all guests.
- Promote and activate the Quick Lane Bowl trophy and tickets during Detroit Lions games
- Work with Operations team to secure and negotiate competitive bids for equipment needed for training camp and Lions games. May include bleachers, tents, golf carts, signs/banners, crowd barrier, portable restrooms, and all other items that may be needed.
- Assist in stocking 50/50 Game on Cancer raffle kiosks throughout the stadium prior to each game
- Monitor inventory on all 50/50 Game on Cancer raffle materials
- Make sure all 50/50 raffle equipment is charged and ready to go for the next event
- Create social media calendars and execute on all social channels while setting benchmarks to increase number of likes and followers
- Create, manage and update content on Quicklanebowl.com
- Organize and inventory all Quick Lane Bowl merchandise
- Coordinate logistics with Quick Lane Bowl and the community: Detroit PAL and QLB Fundraiser
- Game Management: Coordinate School bands practice, team equipment, game officials, gift distribution, signage
- Take lead on one or more travel party/ancillary events: Build A Bear/DIA/Science Center/Fowling
- Work with the DMCVB to secure and sign up volunteers for week-of events
- Secure and coordinate team late-night snacks including trade value, logistics and delivery to hotels
- Coordinate team snack bags: secure quantities and payment of snack items
- Encourage, promote and handle post-event merchandise sales
- Ensure that the Ford Field Event website is updated with all necessary event information: ticket information, parking/traffic information, entrances, etc.
- Analyze post event feedback from each event and determine which operational items can be performed more efficiently in the future.
- Assist with daily general office duties and operational needs of the Events department, including making copies, filing, creation and hanging event signage, front office coverage and phone/email correspondence
- Answer main telephone and transfer calls at the reception desk when asked to do so
- Will accept other responsibilities and duties required by the supervisor consistent with the objectives and essential functions of this position. Such responsibilities shall be incorporated into the position description if they are ongoing.
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing, Event Management or related field preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays required
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, including Outlook, Internet Explorer and Adobe Illustrator)
- Prior event management experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat)
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule in order to be available for scheduled events, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
TO APPLY: Please submit a copy of your resume along with a cover letter as one attachment detailing your interest and related experience to the position.
Due to the high volume or resumes received, we regret that we are unable to update candidates on the status of their application. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
NO CALLS or EMAILS PLEASE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.