The Houston Texans are looking for dynamic individuals who subscribe to the Club's core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline and teamwork. We are currently seeking candidates to fill this part-time position for our 2020 season gamedays.
Please read and understand the following job description details carefully and answer the questions below if you meet the qualifications and requirements.
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Reports to: Communications Manager
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university in Communications or related field preferred.
- Experience in professional or collegiate sports communications department preferred.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure and within deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Responsible for assisting communications staff on game days in various roles to help promote and aid in the shaping of the Texans brand through the media.
Job Function (Duties and Responsibilities):
- Assist in the setup of Press Box on game day with seat cards, flip cards, game day programs and seating charts.
- Handing out quotes, making copies and assisting the media as necessary.
- Running copies of quarterly stats to media, broadcast booths, teams (if requested) or designated suites.
- Record audio of post-game press conferences/interviews by home or visiting coaches and players.
- Transcribe quotes for distribution to media.
- Assist staff in other areas such as media vest registration and Media Will Call.
- Be available to spot for visiting radio teams if requested.
- Perform various other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Communications Coordinator or other full-time Communications staff.
- Travel Requirements: None
This is a part-time job that will require you to work all ten (10) Houston Texans home games for the 2020 football season in addition to other various Club-sponsored hospitality and/or VIP events as assigned.
This position requires a flexible weekend schedule and attendance at all (10) 2020 Houston Texans season home games.
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.