NYCB LIVE JOB DESCRIPTION
Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Date: March 2020
NYCB Live’s Nassau Coliseum seeks a highly motivated self-starter with an unparalleled work ethic. The Senior Accountant is responsible for managing and analyzing all expenses and overhead across Nassau Coliseum events, as well as performing other general accounting duties as assigned. This position reports directly to the Controller. Significant interaction, and at times working directly, with full finance department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure;
· Analyze and record expenses and overhead across the business;
· Work closely with the FP&A team to ensure actuals align with budgets and forecasts;
· Participate in monthly results meetings with finance leaders as well certain department heads;
· Perform monthly close tasks including reconciliations for accrued expenses, rent expense, debt, and a series of other balance sheet reconciliations as assigned;
· Ensure a timely & accurate month-end and year-end close;
· Provide information for fiscal year audit and any interim audits as required;
· Prepare other journal entries and duties as required
· Provide training to new and existing staff as required;
· Support Senior Vice President of Programming and Business Operations and Controller with special projects as needed;
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and CPA preferred;
· Master’s Degree in Accounting or MBA preferred;
· Minimum of 3+ years of experience working in Finance or Accounting department;
· Public Accounting experience preferred;
· Prior experience in managing staff;
· Background in sports and/or entertainment preferred;
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numerical data;
· Experience with NetSuite Financial System a plus;
· Must be able to understand and explain accounting principles, as well as understand financial statements (Strong knowledge of GAAP);
· Keen attention to detail, strong conflict resolution, problem solving and decision-making skills;
· Flexible and reliable standout colleague, always acting in the best interest of their department and the company as a whole
· Ability to create and maintain productive, positive relationships through strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrates a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
Works primarily in an office environment, attending games and other events on evenings, weekends and holidays is not required.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of the Company not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, transgender status, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local laws.