- Goalball U.K. is looking to recruit a variety of suitably qualified, highly motivated and professional sports coaches to work on a range of programmes and initiatives running in both communities and schools across the U.K.
You will have at least a National Governing Body level 2 qualification and some experience of working with young people in a sports or physical activity setting. Experience of working with people who are blind or partially sighted is not essential but advantageous. Training will be provided.
Hours are on a casual basis and will be flexible, involving daytime, evening and weekend working.
As a level 2 sports coach you will be leading sessions and paid between £15 and £25 per hour depending upon experience. Travel expenses are also paid Due to the nature of the work, the ability to travel to and from rural locations is required as transport is not provided.
Casual Goalball Coaches will plan and deliver a series of progressive, sessions at the appropriate level for the participants, to achieve pre-set goals. They will liaise with colleagues and management regarding the programme delivery. All activities to be conducted in line with the appropriate Health and Safety Guidelines and Regulations.
Main Accountabilities of the job:
• Set up / take down equipment where required.
• Ensure regular, relevant communication and feedback with customers/participants and colleagues in relation to all aspects of the programme. Provide management with relevant performance management information.
• Plan session or block to be coached ensuring it is of the correct level and standard for the group it is to be delivered to and in line with activity goals
• Prepare for and deliver sessions in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines, Normal and Emergency Operating Procedures including Risk Assessments
• Deliver a fun, structured and progressive coaching session at the correct level and standard for the group, in-line with the appropriate Goalball UK guidelines and qualifications.
- How to apply
- For an informal discussion please contact Steve Cox on: 01142 2235670/ 07706286584
Please apply send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews will be arranged with candidates on application.
Closing date: Ongoing