Fan Experience Assistants are responsible for assisting with the overall fan experience and game presentation to enhance the fan and student-athlete experience at Michigan athletic events and increase audience engagement through creativity and innovation, continuous improvement, brand consistency and collaborative processes.
- Develop new concepts and coordinate activities that enhance the game day presentation for assigned sports including themes, promotions, interactive elements, video features, sponsor content and traditional elements.
- Produce and write game scripts, PA scripts and timelines that storyboard the events and enable a seamless execution of all game presentation elements.
- Schedule and coordinate event entertainment (halftime/intermission acts, national anthem singers, etc.), including all logistics such as travel/transportation, parking, credentials, tickets and rehearsals.
- Create music playlists for designated teams and events.
- Manage and schedule game day staffing including DJ, PA announcer and student interns.
- Increase attendance and drive ticket sales at games through collaboration with the ticket sales and ticket operations departments to create, coordinate, and execute game day ticket promotions, season ticket holder events, youth clinics and events, and group sales initiatives.
- Assist with student events and promotions that drive engagement and increase attendance at events and games.
- Order and purchase promotional items (giveaways, prizes, merchandise) for the purpose of enhancing the fan experience, engaging the audience or increasing attendance at games and events.
- Coordinate and communicate all game day logistics, events and timing with the facilities and event management teams prior to the season, in addition to follow-up before each event.
- Assist with the development and management of the event and game presentation budget, specifically pertaining to assigned sports.
- Staff and operate video boards (graphics and videos) during various home events, where applicable.
- Assist with video board graphic content creation for all applicable sports and events, including but not limited to head shots, feature opens, informational slides, sponsor elements and promotional graphics.
- Assist with office and administrative duties, including presentations, recaps, mailings, name cards, labels, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of one to two years’ experience working in a collegiate or professional sports environment.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to move up to 50 lbs.
- Experience working with and/or supervising undergraduate students.
- Experience in Adobe Design applications, including Photoshop and Illustrator preferred.
- Experience with video board operation (Crossfire, Blaze) preferred.
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Athletic Department is dedicated to building a department culture which demonstrates respect for all, shows compassion for others, and celebrates the differences among our staff, student-athletes, and supporters. We are committed to the hiring and development of diverse staff who contribute to an inclusive environment.
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.