Hull FC is a professional Rugby League team competing in the European Super League. The club is one of the oldest in professional sport, recently celebrating their 150th anniversary in 2015, followed by back-to-back Challenge Cup wins in 2016 & 2017.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head Physiotherapist to join the former Super League Club of the Year, overseeing first-team, reserves and academy staff.
The Head Physio will have three direct reports – an assistant physio, academy physio and a masseur.
You will be a key part of the performance staff alongside our Strength & Conditioning team, team doctors, masseur and performance analyst, reporting to our Head of Performance and Head Coach.
The Hull FC performance team are continuously aiming to provide an elite level of medical care to its associated players. The role will require a highly motivated individual to lead the Medical team in the delivery of musculoskeletal care to the 1st team squad, whilst also ensuring the younger members of the squad are provided with a comprehensive medical service.
Please note this job will include un-sociable and weekend hours associated with training and match days.
• Delivery of an elite standard of musculoskeletal care to the squad, including assessment, diagnosis and manage all 1st Team Injuries.
• Lead daily monitoring/screening of players and build on current squad availability rates over a season that are leading numbers within the Super League
• Manage medical staff on match-day regards pre-game treatments, match preparation and strapping.
• Design daily prehab sessions that best prepare the squad and individuals for training
• Partake in RFL CPD events and feedback to Hull FC performance staff
• Scheduling of medical staffing and provision of resources for the 1st team squads training sessions, match days and away trips in accordance with RFL governance and club policy.
• Administrative, order medical supplies, liaise with doctors for match cover and onward referrals.
• You will strive to provide the best possible medical expertise to ensure our players are available for selection as often as possible
• Bsc (Hons) degree in Physiotherapy
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an elite sport club, elite sports environment or relevant similar experience
• Experience of rugby league or rugby union is preferred, but not essential
• HPC and CSP registered
• Full UK Driving Licence
• RFL IMMOFP Qualified
• Currently working as a senior Physiotherapist within elite sport or similar
• Relevant Strength & Conditioning knowledge, experience and qualifications would be a distinct advantage