As a Club Tennis Coach, you will be working with our head coach in running the club tennis program at our Teddington Venue and linked sites. The coaching will be a mixture of tennis junior program, private lessons, school based tennis classes, adult classes and holiday tennis camps.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate coach. The ideal candidate must have a desire to improve their personal development skills as we would put them through the leadership programme: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
• 11-13 hours of group lessons to start with (Monday – Friday & Saturday Mornings).
• Through the LTA Tennis for Kids Initiative the number of group lessons could increase quickly.
• Private Tennis Lessons available to build from our 500 children doing tennis classes in the program.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Leading sessions in the club, schools and holiday camps as well as private one to one tennis coaching.
• Developing and growing the club through new classes and getting more players developing their tennis by doing a 2nd class with us.
• Developing strong relationships with the committee, members, schools, parents and children.
• Working with assistant coaches in classes to help them progress as coaches and continue to build the strong team ethic.
• Actively support and encourage juniors to start competing in competition in ESG tournaments and other LTA sanctioned tournaments.
• Deliver high quality individual lessons.
Other responsibilities include:
• Bringing energy and enthusiasm to every session.
• Being professional in your interactions with children, parents, colleagues and schools.
• Being on time for all sessions
• Safeguarding of the children
• Safe set up and packing away of equipment, ensuring all equipment is stored safely.
• Teaching relevant skills, progressions and techniques
• Talking with parents about the progress of their children, when necessary
• Making sure health and safety procedures are being followed
• Being familiar with and following all club policies and procedures.
• £18 - £22 per hour for group coaching
• £25 - £30 per hour for private coaching
• From £70 per day for holiday tennis camps
• £15 fee for each child that is recruited to do a second class in the club program from a school class.
• £15 fee for each child that is recruited from a tennis holiday camp into a club class.
• We will fund a percentage of future LTA Coaching Qualifications.
• If have a stringing qualification then could become club re-stringer (another source of income).
• Leadership Program of courses which we fund for you to attend.
7 Habits of Highly Effective People
5 Choices of Productivity
Leading at the Speed of Trust
The Leader in Me
England Sports Group is our umbrella name, which Tennis England is one division of ESG. We work with over 70 schools across Middlesex & Surrey, with a variety of sports such as tennis, gymnastics, dance, netball, football, rugby, basketball and archery amongst others.
Our 'Life Skills Through Sport' programme for children and 'Raising the Status of the Sports Coaching Profession' are the two pillars of our philosophy. We have created a quality culture, determined to develop every child and coach to their full potential.
We currently coach over 2,000 children a week and we want to release the potential in all of the children we teach.
• LTA Level 2 Minimum & Accredited
• Must Be able to drive and have a car
• At least 2 years of tennis coaching experience
• Fluent in English
• You need to have a love for working with children
• Great communication skills and a “can do” attitude.
• Highly organised, with strong attention to detail combined with a passion for learning and self-improvement.
• Ideally located in or near the area.
• Be willing to work hard
• Good tennis playing level.