We are looking for tennis coaches who are passionate about working with children, can bring energy and enthusiasm with them every day, and have a positive can-do attitude. This role is ideal for someone looking to gain more experience in sports coaching, teaching children and empowering them to be the best they can.
When? - During the main school holidays (Easter, Summer & all half terms)
Timings? Monday – Friday. 9.45am – 4.15pm, with potential extensions 8.30-4.30pm.
Where? - We have venues in East Molesey, Esher, Chertsey, Hampton, Kingston & Teddington.
We also run other sports camp like Multi-Sports and Gymnastics.
£30 - £70 depending on experience
England Sports Group works with over 70 schools across Middlesex & Surrey, with a variety of sports such as gymnastics, dance, tennis, netball, football, rugby, basketball and archery among others.
Our 'Life Skills Through Sport' programme for children and 'Raising the Status of the Sports Coaching Profession' are the two pillars of our philosophy. We have created a quality culture, determined to develop every child and coach to their full potential.
We currently coach over 2,000 children a week and we want to release the potential in all of the children we teach.
As a Tennis Camp Assistant Coach, you will be responsible for a group of children aged 5 – 15 years old to coach tennis on all technical and tactical fundamentals of the game, whilst using a- games based approach to making sure they have lots of fun! You will liaise with the Camp Director during the day regarding your group and they will give ongoing support and training throughout the camp.
• Teaching Tennis
• Responsibility of a group of children whilst working with other team members
• Being aware of any health & safety issues
• Bringing energy and passion to the court to inspire the children
At our camps we look to build leadership and life skills in the children through the Leader in Me program, which involves teaching the 7 habits of what make children and adult effective. Training on the 7 habits is done at our induction days and there is ongoing training provided
This is on a self-employed basis.
The 10 Foundational Things You Need to be able to Coach with ESG.
These are key basic employ-ability skills. Having one to nine of these skills is not good enough if you want to work with us.
1. Be on time, this means early. 15 minutes before the camp starts.
2. Reliability, this means no short notice cancellations within 7 days.
3. Initiative, this means proactively sorting situations out, not waiting to be asked.
4. Energy, this means not being passive with poor body language. Have a presence, project your voice, stand tall and communicate with passion.
5. Enthusiasm, this means showing a desire to improve your coaching and upskill yourself, a desire to develop your communication skills.
6. Respect, this means valuing relationships you have with the ESG team members, school staff, parents and children. Treat all these parties as if you valued them as important.
7. Appearance, this means smiling, wearing the correct clothes and looking professional. No hands in pockets, no phones or slouching.
8. Personable, this means having a positive attitude, good eye contact and being kind. The competence to give positive and corrective feedback to children. Being brave enough to give parents feedback straight away if their children's behaviour is off course.
9. Feedback, this means the ability to receive negative feedback without getting defensive, upset or angry. Accepting feedback and changing your actions.
10. Integrity, this means being honest in all your dealings with us. Tell the truth. Do not invoice for classes you have not done.
11. Safeguarding Children, this means follows all safeguarding procedures and ensuring children are playing sport in a safe environment.
Must be 17 years old minimum
Ideally have tennis qualifications
DBS Checked on Update Service Required
Reliable & Punctual
Great class management
Highly personal with great communication skills
A love for working with children
You must be eligible to work in the UK
You must be able to speak English fluently
You must be currently living within a commutable distance of this position.
Induction training provided
You will be invited to attend Personal Development training.
tennis training sessions will be provided.
Potential of work during term time at our after-school classes.