Contract Type: Permanent requiring flexibility to work evenings and weekends
Report To: Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine
Details of Position:
Colchester United Football Club are looking for a dynamic and driven individual to join the Academy Sports Science department. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing to the Club's Academy players appropriate strength and conditioning training and monitoring as part of the Sports Science and Medicine/Performance Support Programme.
The post holder s role will entail:
- Support the Sports Science Academy program to all academy age groups from under 9-21 s.
- Ensure the department s philosophy is being adhered to with objectives being met.
- Plan and deliver fitness testing, gym testing, movement screens, and maturational monitoring across all FP, YDP, and PDP academy age groups throughout the season.
- Ensure the implementation of data monitoring systems from Under 16-21 s in order to analyse training and match loads. Feedback given to coaches daily, regarding physical training objectives.
- Produce a comprehensive strength and conditioning program to all players within the FP, YDP, and PDP.
- Provide sports science support to under 18 s players, including prehab sessions, warm ups, and athletic development sessions.
- Deliver sessions to under 9-16 s in order to improve athletic development.
- Provide athletic development feedback to all academy staff in the 12 week reviews.
- Plan and support CPD to coaches, parents and players regarding key areas in sports science.
- Ensure all data is recorded using the PMA.
- Provide nutritional education to academy players when required.
- Hold at least a bachelor's degree in sports science (or another relevant discipline) from a recognised university and have or be working towards British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences accreditation.
- The Lead Strength & Conditioning Coaches holds a current Basic First Aid for Sport Qualification, current EFAiF or an equivalent or higher qualification
- Hold or be working towards accreditation by the UK Strength and Conditioning Association (or equivalent workshops run by any equivalent body).
- Safeguarding and an up to date DBS check.
All staff must be aware of all safeguarding and equity and diversity issues, along with all academy and club policies, rules and regulations. The successful candidate will need to possess the capacity to lead and manage a team, and be competent working with Microsoft Word and Excel. They will need to be highly motivated, self-driven, professional at all times and be able to use their initiative when dealing with certain scenarios. They must also have previous experience of delivering functional physical development programmes to elite athletes and/or young people (Under 18 s), preferably in football.
Candidates will need to hold a full UK driving license.
Salary: £21,000 per annum for 40 hours per week