Box Office Representative - The New York Racing Association, Inc.- Closing date 28 Mar 2020
Saratoga Springs, NY, USA
As a member of the NYRA Box Office team, you will be one of the first points of contact for guests entering Saratoga Race Course. Primary duties will include selling tickets of varying types such as admission, reserved seating, and dining/hospitality areas; monitoring and distributing will-call; and providing customer service for all ticketing-related inquires. All duties and responsibilities should be handled with the highest degree of courtesy, professionalism, and enthusiasm to provide an exceptional customer experience for our guests.
· Selling tickets of varying types to guests in or entering the park such as admission, reserved seating, and dining/hospitality areas.
· Assist customers at the Box Office/Will Call locations while providing exceptional customer service for all inquiries or issues.
· Daily use of Archtics Ticketmaster ticketing system; a computer-based software.
· Accurately accept and apply payments to ticket transactions and distribute proper change.
· Maintain a secure working environment for cash and tickets.
· Reconcile and balance cash bank at end of shift.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Current college student enrolled in a sports management, marketing or related degree program. Recent graduates will also be considered.
· Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Archtics Ticketmaster ticketing system training will be provided.
· This job requires extensive physical activity: driving a golf cart, climbing stairs, walking, standing for long periods, lifting, moving boxes, placing signage, setting up displays in sponsorship activation areas, packing and shipping boxes and delivering giveaway items.
· Availability to work from early July through September 7, 2020.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.