Progressive Sports have an exciting opportunity for an experience sports coach / PE Teacher to work with one of our great primary schools close to Bromley, Kent delivering high quality PE and coordinating the schools sports competitions.
To apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate the following;
1. experience delivering PE in primary Schools and attending sports matches.
2. Level 2 minimum sports coaching qualification in at least one sport or teacher QTS.
3. A full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
Responsible for: Curriculum PE, sporting fixtures and tournaments, ensuring high participation rates
The role of the Sports Coach will be to manage the provision of a high level of pupil participation in PE and sport. This will include ensuring that the breadth of the national curriculum for PE is met in all year groups, through liaising with the PE subject leader and external providers to offer a wide range of activities and curriculum for all pupils. The role also includes ensuring children that don’t typically participate in extra-curricular sport are offered opportunities to join after-school clubs or to represent the school in competition. The overarching aim of this role is to work towards attaining the School Games ‘Gold’ Mark for the year 2019-20.
Duties and responsibilities
Teaching and Learning
• To plan and team-teach curricular lessons for all age groups, including rugby for KS2 to drive the new curriculum and ensure classes are experiencing a rich variety of sports and activities.
• To offer extra-curricular opportunities for all children in KS2 over the course of an academic year. (including keeping robust records of participation)
• To offer extra-curricular opportunities for some children in KS1 over the course of an academic year. (including keeping robust records of participation)
• To work with selected elite teams to prepare them for competing at borough competitions and tournaments e.g. rugby, football, athletics.
• To increase the range of opportunities across all year groups for sports coaching at lunchtimes.
• To take ownership of areas of all work pertaining to achieving the School Games Gold award .
• To work closely with the PE subject leader to select children to ensure the best PE curriculum is offered.
• To help the Sports Captains to maintain the sports board, including directing them to write match and tournament reports.
• To ensure robust assessments are taking place in terms of PE attainment and progress in key skills, in working closely with class teachers.
• To ensure the teachers that you work alongside feel competent to deliver the lessons in the sports provided, even if and when the role of sports coach is removed.
Pay scale £15-£20 per hour
Hours 10-20 hours per week Tuesday-Friday