Challenge Events Officer (Contract)
The LookOut, Hyde Park
Created in March 2017, The Royal Parks is a charity that supports and manages 5,000 acres of historic parkland across London. Millions of Londoners and tourists visit our beautiful sites, which offer unparalleled opportunities for enjoyment, exploration and healthy living in the heart of the capital.
We look after eight of London’s largest open spaces; Hyde Park, The Green, Richmond, Greenwich, St James’s, Bushy and The Regent’s Parks, and Kensington Gardens. We also manage other important open spaces in the capital including Brompton Cemetery, Victoria Tower Gardens, Canning Green and Poet’s Corner.
We are now looking for a Challenge Events Officer to join us on a part-time, fixed-term contract, until 31st December 2020.
- Salary of up to £32,000 pro rata DOE
- Pension scheme
- 26 days' holiday pro rata plus public holidays
- Work from beautiful, eco-friendly offices in the LookOut in Hyde Park
- Take on an engaging role with a supportive, innovative and flexible employer
If you are a fundraising professional with a background in organising challenge events, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a dedicated team and work in our unique, ecological space that will inspire your creativity while supporting our breath-taking environment.
You will have the chance to lead challenge event campaigns on some of the biggest sporting events in the UK, including the Virgin Money London Marathon, Vitality 10K, Ride London, Swim Serpentine, and London Duathlon.
So, if you are ready to take on an exciting role inspiring and motivating potential donors to support the preservation of our magnificent landscapes, this is the role you’ve been waiting for.
As a Challenge Events Officer, you will take the lead on our sporting challenge event campaigns, as well as supporting donor data management.
You will manage the Team Royal Parks Challenge Events portfolio, recruiting and stewarding teams for sporting events. This will include the Royal Parks Half Marathon, where you will oversee 250 - 300 runners.
Your duties will involve:
- Setting annual targets for runner numbers, fundraising targets and an annual budget
- Recruiting runners with a multi-channel marketing campaign
- Engaging, informing and motivating runners to achieve their fundraising goals
- Developing a donor cultivation plan using donor data
- Building strong relationships with other charities to share best practice
- Organising, promoting and managing team marquees at events
To be considered as a Challenge Events Officer, you will need:
- Proven fundraising experience, including experience in challenge events
- Experience in a customer-facing role, engaging with visitors, participants, audiences and/or volunteers
- Experience in using a Customer Relationship Management platform such as Salesforce or similar
- A good understanding of communications and marketing functions
- A commitment to The Royal Parks’ values of being accountable, excellent, inclusive, open and respectful
Ideally, you will have a degree level qualification in a relevant discipline.
Experience of working or volunteering in charities and/or social enterprises from the heritage, wildlife, conservation and wellbeing sectors would also be beneficial.
This is a part-time role, working 22 hours per week.
The closing date for this role is the 1st March 2020.
Other organisations may call this role Fundraising Officer, Charity Events Officer, Fundraising Events Officer, Events Executive, Stewardship Officer, Volunteer Officer, Sports Events Officer, Volunteer Development Officer, or Volunteer Engagement Officer.
Webrecruit and The Royal Parks are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Challenge Events Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.