Introduction and Position Overview
ukactive is a commercially minded not-for-profit body comprised of members and partners from across the UK physical activity sector. Our focus is a long-standing and uncompromising vision to get more people, more active, more often.
ukactive’s Strategic Projects Department facilitates big impact partnerships and projects that help turn the tide on physical inactivity. These partnerships and projects range from supporting well-known brands deliver their strategic objectives through projects or campaigns to that inspire the UK to move more. We help our partners develop their strategy and understanding of the active lifestyle sector through offering project management services, platforms for engaging the sector, opening up channels of communication and brokering new relationships.
The Senior Campaigns Coordinator will work as part of the Strategic Projects Department, reporting into the Head of Projects and Campaigns. The role will involve the delivery of ukactive’s role in the This Girl Can campaign, helping drive more women and girls into physical activity throughout the fitness sector. Working with ukactive’s members and wider stakeholders to implement structured activation opportunities throughout the year. The role will work as part of the projects team, delivering high quality projects ensuring external and internal key performance indicators and deliverables are achieved.
The role will also involve working with campaign stakeholders and partners from a range of organisations including national government and its agencies, local government, brands and new investment funds. The role will also entail developing key learnings from the work of campaigns, to support the growth of ukactive’s portfolio, brand awareness and credibility.
The key campaign that this role will be involved with is Sport England’s – This Girl Can. However, the role will also work and support in driving and linking to wider campaigns that can look to engage more women and girls, including:
- National Fitness Day – the UK’s most active day of the year
- Travel to Tokyo – in partnership with Team GB – inspiring families to be inspired by the 2020 Tokyo Games to get active
- European Week of Sport – a week of activation aligning to different themes that sport and activity can play a key role in
Applicants will be expected to have some prior experience in delivering end-to-end campaigns, producing high quality reports, presentations and documents and a desire to learn and deliver good practice project management.
Internal training will be provided to support the role and develop project management expertise.
• Act as the primary source of support for the role of ukactive on the This Girl Can across the Strategic Projects Department.
• Enhance the sector’s awareness and insights into the behaviours of Women and Girls and physical activity
• Support the accreditation of training around women and girls in the sport, fitness and physical activity sector
• Deliver a structured activation plan across the fitness sector to drive the This Girl Can campaign
• Day-to-day coordination on specific projects and campaigns through administration of its planned activities including planning, content development, and delivering to meet key project and campaign outputs.
• Facilitate and manage regular updates with project partners and stakeholders to ensure delivery of projects and campaigns are on track.
• Facilitate a cross-organisational campaigns network, bringing together key organisations that are working to move the nation through public campaigns.
• Contributing to projects and campaigns, to grow interest, awareness and participation in ukactive projects, campaigns and services in supporting how they are communicated across the sector.
• Contributing to meetings, writing presentations, proposals and documents to stimulate greater levels of interest in the ukactive projects and campaigns.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Degree educated or equivalent.
• Experience delivering activation campaigns.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to influence and manage internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task, work in a dynamic environment and to remain calm under pressure.
• Strong communication, written and verbal skills.
• Confident, proactive and positive with the willingness to accept responsibility.
• Experience working in a team, delivering to fixed deadlines
• Motivated and proactive with the ability to meet deadlines.
• Experience of working in a similar organisation, such as a charity, not for profit, association or professional body.
• A genuine interest in health and physical activity would be advantageous.
• Interest in ukactive’s mission of more people, more active, more often.
The Senior Campaigns Coordinator will report to the Head of Projects and Campaigns who will be responsible for overseeing their workload and performance. The role will also include wider interaction and support with the Strategic Projects Director and Projects team.
Attractive benefits package including 5% matched contribution pension, discounted gym membership, 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, Perkbox discount scheme, cycle to work scheme and flexible working