Team GB is one of the nation’s most successful teams and one of its favourite brands. The British Olympic Association’s (BOA) vision is to ‘unite and inspire the nation through the power of Olympic sport’, and its mission is to ensure Team GB is ‘the best supported team in Olympic competition’.
The BOA’s primary purpose is to:
• Select, lead and manage Team GB at Olympic and Olympic
Winter Games and all International Olympic Committee (IOC) and European Olympic Committee (EOC) accredited events such as Youth Olympic Games, European Youth Olympic Festivals and the European Games
• Develop the Olympic Movement and promote the principles and values of Olympism in our territory of responsibility.
The BOA is independent and privately funded. The success of our mission is entirely dependent upon the income we receive from our commercial programmes, including but not limited to sponsorship, fundraising, licensing and events. The BOA is the United Kingdom’s National Olympic Committee and the strong, independent voice for British Olympic sport responsible for promoting the Olympic movement throughout the UK.
Scope of the Role:
Team GB is now less than six months away from the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games and is looking to add a Digital Marketing Executive to the wider marketing-communications team in the run-up to the Games.
The role will support the business through playing an active and key role in delivering the Tokyo 2020 digital content strategy and Tokyo 2020 marketing campaign.
The Digital Marketing Executive will also support across the BOA’s wider programmes including delivery of commercial activations, events such as I Am Team GB and Kitting Out for Tokyo 2020 as well as business as usual activity across its digital platforms.
The fixed term position will be responsible for community management of Team GB’s social media channels, content creation, digital analytics and working closely with the commercial team to deliver digital package rights for partners.
The role will work closely with internal stakeholders as well as external agencies and suppliers to deliver best practice digital output that delivers on the organisation’s digital strategy.
Community management of Team GB’s social media channels -
• Creating, posting and scheduling content
• Engaging with fans
• Monitoring channels
Digital analytics and reporting -
• Work with the Senior Digital Executive to deliver monthly and key campaign digital reports to support business insights
Digital rights delivery for commercial partners -
• Support the wider digital and commercial team on the delivery of digital packages around Tokyo 2020 and Team GB’s channels
Support the marketing team on the execution of the Tokyo 2020 Team GB marketing campaign.
Support on key projects in the run-up to and during the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games including:
• Team Announcements
• Kit launch and Kitting Out
• Development of the Team GB App and digital products
• Game-time digital and marketing operations
Key Relationships and Interfaces:
• Marketing, communications and commercial teams
• Wider BOA organisation
• Retained marketing and PR agencies
• National Governing Bodies
• Social media platforms
• Digital and content agencies
Essential Skills and Experience -
• Minimum two years’ experience in a social media or digital role within the sports industry
• Experience working across all major social media platforms: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Snapchat
• Experience with video editing software
• Experience using Photoshop
• Passion for Olympic sport
Desirable Skills and Experience -
• Experience delivering digital activations for commercial partners
• Experience working with email marketing platforms