Nature and scope:
Community Coached will be responsible for supporting the growth and development of the Croydon Community Programme, “Let’s play rugby”. Due to continued growth of the programme, we are seeking to recruit a cohort of talented coaches to facilitate rugby across the borough.
The role holder will be expected to provide 1:1 mentoring to a small group of students. They will have a strong focus on engaging with and developing students who are keen to learn rugby alongside being the champion of the programme within the section they are placed within. Whilst the core programme will be developed by the Community Lead, coaches must be able to identify areas of improvement and be confident to discuss with the Lead in order to adapt where it is needed.
• The role may require evenings and weekends due to competitions and management discussions when required.
• Work under the direction of the Community Coaching Lead
• Deliver Rugby sessions and be a Ratana mentor to students enrolled on the “Let’s Play Rugby” Programme
Work with the Community Coaching Lead and President of the Community to develop and implement self-reflection tools to support student plans and recognise areas of improvement
• Be able to identify students who have competent rugby skills and appropriately refer them to the right club programme
• Previous coaching experience (rugby desirable)
• Demonstrable expertise in the delivery of face-to-face training programmes
Ability to build and maintain rapport and work collaboratively with others
Highly self-motivated and able to work under own direction to achieve stated objectives within the necessary timescales
• Be a “Team” player and see themselves as part of the MRRF Legacy within the borough
Due to the nature of the role, no formal coaching qualification is essential but is desirable. Note that all selected coaches will be required to complete a DBS check before being appointed to their post.