• To safely lead a team of up to 16 young people (aged between 15 and 17-years old) through each of the 3 phases of the NCS programme
• Engage with young people and provide pastoral care and behaviour management throughout
This is a demanding yet fulfilling position suitable for someone who has significant experience of working with young people, who has knowledge of support requirements, and who is experienced in managing challenging behaviour.
Candidates must demonstrate the following skills and characteristics:
● Extensive experience of working with a wide range of young people (ideally aged 1517), including experience working with behavioural difficulties and additional support requirements
● Experience of working collaboratively with colleagues
● Experience of working in a fast paced and demanding environment
● Willingness to develop project management and decision-making skills
● To be adaptable, proactive and able to think on your feet.
● Experience of working with young people in a residential environment
● Experience of managing or motivating groups of people in stressful environments (in a paid or voluntary capacity)
● Work intensively with young people with any support requirements, this could refer to behavioural, physical or emotional support
● Support the Staff Team in overall management and delivery of the programme
● Work residentially during Phase 1 and Phase 2 of NCS
● Lead guided reflection
● Complete key administration tasks