Interview date3 October 2022Job DescriptionJob Background
Our delivery team are the people out there on the ground working with young people helping them to develop life skills, raise aspirations, improve physical wellbeing and focus on mental wellbeing. As a female Lead Coach, you will be working to deliver our interventions to young people, specifically young girls, who are disengaged with their education.
The delivery team always work in pairs, running our interventions across multiple sites and education settings (including mainstream schools, Pupil Referral Units, Alternative Provisions, Special Educational Needs schools, Youth Offenders Institutes and Secure Schools). You will always work alongside one of our Regional Coordinators, Delivery Leads or Coaches.
While delivering our interventions is a big part of the job, you will also be responsible for supporting the Regional Coordinator to increase our network of schools, build relationships with key services/partners and ensure the successful collection of impact data within your region.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Be the face, and definitive leader, of the girls delivery in the North East.
• Deliver and lead our suite of interventions in a range of educational settings within the region as well as virtually/online.
• This will be predominantly after school delivery (3pm-6pm), but with the potential to grow into school time as the role becomes more established.
• Coordinate and deliver holiday and out of school hours interventions for young people.
• Inspire the young people to get involved in sport, predominately rugby.
• Prepare and deliver session plans in line with our curriculum and act as a Lead in sessions when working with Coaches.
• Build meaningful and supportive relationships with young people.
• Adapt to changing school environments and work creatively to deliver sessions to a range of young people.
• Ensure the timely collection of data.
• To follow the Dallaglio RugbyWorks processes around reporting incidents and safeguarding concerns to ensure we are protecting young people to the highest standard.
• Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with staff within the education settings that we work in.
• Support the delivery of Career Taster Days with partner organisations, workshops and tournaments for young people.
• Provide content for our social media and run a regional social media account.
• Participate in Dallaglio RugbyWorks team meetings and training sessions.
• Work closely with the rest of the Dallaglio RugbyWorks team to communicate successes of our interventions through case studies and termly reports.
• Support your Regional Coordinator / Delivery Lead with the following:
• Seek out customers and sell our suite of interventions to customers in your region.
• Liaise with provisions (schools) to implement service level agreements and ensure they are upheld by both parties.
• Lead on the accurate and efficient collection of impact data, including but not limited to; termly questionnaires, consent forms and registration forms.
• Establish a network of regional partners that support our interventions and build out network.
• Support in gaining and developing new corporate partners/donations within your region as well as supporting on the relationship management.
• Previous experience delivering youth work, sport sessions or supporting young people in an educational setting.
• Level 1 sports coaching qualification or equivalent experience in youth work/mentoring/education.
• Demonstrable passion for using sport as a tool for social development and a drive to help young people have positive and productive futures.
• Strong organisational skills with structured and methodical approach to work and a clear focus on results.
• Confident and effective communicator who is able to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
• A passion to help change young peoples lives and helping them to build a positive, productive future.
• Enthusiasm for using sport as a tool for social change.
• Being approachable, positive, empathetic and patient.
• Ability to resolve conflict peacefully.
• Reliable and excellent time keeping.
• IT literate and ability to use Microsoft Office Applications.
• Valid UK driving license and access to a car to enable travel within the region (applicable for roles outside of London).
• Experience working with young people who are disengaged or excluded from education.
• Level 2 sports coaching qualification or equivalent youth work/teaching qualification.
• An understanding of the schools and the exclusion landscape.