If you have a passion and desire to teach people of all ages this invaluable life skill, then why not apply to join Vision? There are opportunities available at all three of our Swim Vision sites:
• Fullwell Cross Leisure Centre
• Loxford Leisure Centre
• Mayfield Leisure Centre
• To offer exceptional customer service to all users at all times.
• Candidates need to be over 16 years of age, no qualifications are required.
• Candidates need to be able to swim and be deep water confident.
• To deliver safe, consistent swimming lessons under the supervision of a Level 2 swimming teacher in line with the Swim England National Plan for Teaching Aquatics and associated awards programme.
• To take every pupil’s needs into account, drawing on your knowledge of practices, progressions and teaching points, applying them in the most effective and appropriate way.
• Ensure through best practice that every pupil is made to feel safe and confident in his or her lesson.
• To be an Assistant Teacher who thrives on supporting pupils to achieve their maximum potential in their time with you.
• You will be approachable, friendly and able to exercise the patience needed to motivate and gain pupil’s trust. You will encourage pupils, offer praise and appropriate feedback.
• Have an understanding of Safeguarding & Protecting children & vulnerable adults. (We will arrange for you to complete online training if your application is successful).
• To comply with all Health and Safety legislation and be aware of your role in managing emergencies.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Assist the Level 2 teacher for approximately three months. This will include accompanying the pupils in the water for a minimum of 8 hours per week, paid at a competitive rate.
• Demonstrate commitment and suitability to our swim scheme and in return Vision will fund and enroll you on a Swim England Level 1 Teaching Aquatics course.
• Teach your own classes under the supervision of a level 2 teacher on the poolside on completion of the level 1 course.
You will be required to attend a short interview at Fullwell Cross before you are accepted onto the scheme.