Chartered Physiotherapist (Performance Sport) - Loughborough University - Salary £30,942 to £40,322 per annum. Subject to annual pay award - Closing date 2 February 2020
£30,942 - £40,322 yearly
Fixed-Term Until January 2021 or Until the Early Return of the Substantive Post Holder, Whichever is Sooner
Loughborough University are delighted to invite applications for a Chartered Physiotherapist to work with our performance programmes on campus.
The role's main purpose is to deliver physiotherapy support as part of an interdisciplinary team to help optimise the physical preparedness of multi-sport athletes for competition performance.
The physiotherapist will support performance programmes in variety of ways, to include pitch-side cover for matches and training, triage sessions, strapping, prehab sessions, individual clinic treatment time, injury surveillance, close liaison with coaching staff and direct links with the sporting interdisciplinary team.
Successful candidates will have significant experience practicing as a physiotherapist in elite sport in environments with highly competing demands.
The main roles and responsibilities for this role are:
- To provide comprehensive physiotherapy support to performance programme athletes within allocated sports, Loughborough University students and a range of other clients as required
- To work closely with the coaches and the Clinical Lead in the development of an applied and proactive physiotherapy support appropriate to allocated sports
- To work as part of a sporting interdisciplinary team providing support to our athletes
- To provide Physiotherapy support at events and other programmes as agreed with the Clinical Lead
- To keep up to date with continuing professional development within appropriate areas of clinical expertise. Emphasis should be given to the specialist areas of sports medicine, musculoskeletal medicine and orthopaedics
- To work in conjunction with other professional colleagues to ensure the strict adherence to medical/patient confidentiality & appropriate record keeping in line with Clinic policy and procedures and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) guidelines
- Significant experience in the assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions, sports injuries and orthopaedics
- Significant experience of working within a sports environment, either with a focus on one sport, or as a multi-sport practitioner. Experience of working within a sports team environment
- Ability to organise and prioritise own caseload
- Experience in sports massage, strapping and ability to demonstrate competency in manual therapy techniques
- Commitment to development of self and others and a willingness to actively participate in a programme of continuing professional development
- Emergency pitch side qualification (e.g. RFU, EMMiTS, AREA) and foundation level in acupuncture
- State Registered Physiotherapist (SRP), Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy Degree in Physiotherapy, and Health Professions Council (HPC) registered
- Evidence of CPD via portfolio
Informal enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is full time and fixed term until January 2021 or earlier return of the post holder. There may be potential to extend beyond this date. Part time may also be considered for the right candidate.
Application Closing Date: 2 February 2020
Interviews will take place on 13 and 14 February 2020