Physical Performance Coach - Game Changer Performance - Salary £10-£15 per hour (based on experience) - Closing date 31 January 2020
£10.00 - £15.00 hourly
St George’s Park, Newborough Road, Needwood, Burton-Upon-Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 9PD
GCP are looking for Physical Performance Coaches to join our growing team. Due to nationwide expansion and a growing network of clients. We are looking for dynamic, knowledgeable and committed coaches to join us.
Our clients include National Governing Bodies, Universities, Schools (State & Independent), Non-Elite Sports Teams and Individuals. Working for GCP will provide you with great coaching experience, a platform to engage with a broad range of clients and a wider opportunity to work alongside some of the best sports performance professionals in the UK.
We are a young and ambitious sports performance company with lots of great opportunities for the right individuals.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our team at GCP. We are currently looking to recruit a bank of Physical Performance Coaches to work alongside our team at St. George’s Park. The main focus of these roles will be to support the delivery of our education experience days for academic intuitions, physical performance testing for teams and to develop, organise, co-ordinate and implement Physical Performance services for the PFA residential rehabilitation programme. Alongside this work at SGP there will also be external opportunities on national contracts that GCP runs. Duties will include helping to manage the day to day running of the Physical Performance department, conduct physical profiling, off-field and pitch-based conditioning, hydrotherapy and strength and conditioning sessions, whilst liaising closely with the GCP MDT.
Lead Physical Performance Coach & Experience Manager
Delivery of Physical Performance support services for experience days, PFA programme and external support contracts. The successful candidates will become committed and passionate members of the team at GCP.
•Work alongside Education Experience Manager to co-ordinate and deliver education experience days for academic institutions.
o Demonstrate and discuss a variety of physical performance services to visiting groups including profiling, rehabilitation, conditioning, player monitoring and hydrotherapy
o Provide informative, interactive and entertaining sessions to enhance student learning and engagement
o Differentiate communication of scientific principles and methods dependent on student age, knowledge and background
• Support physical performance testing for elite and non-elite athletes and teams
• Delivery of Physical Performance services for the PFA residential rehabilitation program.
o Conduct physical profiling for all players on the PFA residential rehabilitation program. Feedback the information to the multi-disciplinary team, the player’s club and use the information to design and implement off-field conditioning, pitch-based conditioning and strength and conditioning programs.
o Design and deliver off-field and pitch-based conditioning sessions relevant to the players stage of rehabilitation.
o Design and deliver strength and conditioning sessions relevant to the players stage of rehabilitation.
o Deliver Hydrotherapy recovery sessions.
o Physical exertion monitoring using GPS and heart rate technologies.
o Record comprehensive and confidential Physical Performance information using Benchmark54.
o Liaise with the Lead Performance Coach, Physiotherapists and other members of the multi-disciplinary team with regards to informed risk reduction strategies, performance enhancement strategies and return to train / play decisions.
o Close liaison with Medical and Sport Science departments who refer into the scheme to optimise player medical care, welfare and performance.
o Provide reports on all players who access the PFA rehabilitation program in line with GCP policy.
• Liaise with the Performance Operations Manager to book relevant consultations, referrals, and investigations if and when appropriate.
• To deliver GCP sessions at locations and facilities on national contracts.
• To deliver age-appropriate strength and conditioning sessions for GCP that incorporate injury reduction strategies and improve co-ordination, mobility, strength, speed, agility and power.
• To deliver and feedback performance-based assessments to the relevant parties.
• To partake in a continuous personal development programme so to enhance the skills of the individual and colleague coaches.
• Maintain GCP training monitoring and reflective practice logs.
• Actively participate in GCP social media activity.
• Must possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to deliver to a wide range of ages and competencies.
• Must have excellent organisational skills to plan and manage the physical performance services to ensure efficient running of the program.
• Must have the ability to accurately manage Physical Performance data.
• Must be competent with Microsoft Word and Excel to produce physical performance reports detailing: physical profile, conditioning sessions, physical exertion monitoring and strength and conditioning programs.
• Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in Sports Science or related discipline.
• At least 2 years post-graduate experience, preferably in elite sport.
• Experience designing and implementing off-field and pitch-based conditioning sessions, and strength and conditioning programs.
• UKSCA Accredited, or ability to achieve within 6 months.
• Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team in a time sensitive environment.
• Located within appropriate drive time from St George’s Park
• Postgraduate degree in Sports Science or related discipline.
• ISAK Level 1 Accredited.
• Experience with Catapult GPS.
• Experience using but not limited to; Isokinetic Dynamometry, ForceDecks, NordBoard Optojump.
ENHANCED DBS CHECK REQUIRED: Yes REGISTERED TO WORK IN THE UK: Yes FULL CLEAN DRIVING LICENCE: Yes
How to apply: Please send CV’s FAO: Adam Burton, GCP Lead Physical Performance Coach to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date: Friday 31st January
How to apply
Please send CV’s FAO: Adam Burton, GCP Lead Physical Performance Coach to email@example.com Closing date: Friday 31st January Successful applicants will be contacted w/c 2nd February and invited into St George's Park to attend a day training session in February (date TBC)