An exciting opportunity has arisen at the RFL, the national governing body for Rugby League in the UK. We are seeking to appoint a Technical Support Apprentice. You will assist in the running of the day-to-day ICT operations of the RFL by providing support to the organisation. The successful candidate will assist the Technology Manager with the support helpdesk, set up new equipment and other day to day support tasks. You will also help to educate the organisation on using all relevant technology, both hardware and software.
Principal duties include, but are not limited to:
• Train all RFL Staff on IT systems and procedures
• Assist with maintaining SharePoint sites
• Call logging and management including prioritisation of calls, updating users of progress, primary support for logged calls and referral of more technical calls as appropriate.
• Configure hardware and software according to RFL requirements.
• Carry out installations of PC/Server based software, hardware, parts etc.
• On-site support, in particular repairing workstations/mobiles in-house
• Maintain Hardware and Software records, perform regular Audits and checks on RFL computers and laptops
• Assessing the sites for potential future problems, & recommended developments / enhancements.
• Installation and maintenance of mobile telecommunications systems
Appointment may be made subject to a DBS check.
Working for the Rugby Football League will provide you with the opportunity to get involved with a wide range of exciting events. We are a united workforce, striving for excellence in all that we do. We are not a 9-5 organisation and encourage our team members to actively participate across all levels of the sport in a professional and respectful way.
To apply please visit: RFL External Careers (current-vacancies.com)
The closing date for applications is Monday 18th July 2022.
The Rugby Football League has confirmed that it will be relocating to the Etihad Campus in East Manchester. This will be a phased relocation which will take place by Summer 2022.
The Rugby Football League welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons but has a commitment to progress towards greater diversity within its workforce.
If you are an applicant with disability who meets the essential requirements of the job, we will interview you. We would be pleased to receive applications in alternative formats.