Audio Visual Production Engineer - United Center Joint Venture - Closing date 21 May 2022
Chicago, IL, USA
May 14, 2022
Audio Visual Production Engineer
The Audio-Visual (A/V) Production Engineer preforms primary support and design of entertainment systems and conference spaces, working closely with both internal and external clients. Reporting to Directly to the Sr Technical Productions Manager, the candidate will be responsible for coordinating and maintaining all production/multimedia engineering operations, which include both day of event and daily functions involving audio and video productions.
· Associates degree in related field or technical trade school.
· 2 years of experience.
· This position requires the candidate to be onsite and can work outside of the M-F 8am to 5pm time frame.
· Possess good customer service skills and maintain working relationships with clients, peers, as well as executive level management.
· Manage event productions including sound, lighting, and video equipment load-in, setup, live operation, and tear down.
· Proficiency and experience performing cable installations, soldering, crimping cable connectors, including cable documentation, labeling, post-installation commissioning and testing processes of all types- portable, broadcast, conference, etc.
· Understanding of wireless frequencies utilized in broadcast engineering.
· Understanding of conference room technology including control interfaces, codecs, teleconferencing, and video conferencing.
· Manage and troubleshoot the Master Antenna Television System (MATV)
· Submit recommendations to acquire new technologies, and additional/replacement equipment
· Attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to perform work that may require use of a ladder
· Ability to stand for long periods while performing tasks
· Ability to perform tasks from a kneeling position
Experience with Q-SYS, Biamp, Crestron are all pluses.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.