At Manchester City, making moments matter is a part of our DNA. Recognising and developing the best talent allows us to achieve success in the right way.
The purpose of the Operations and Development Executive is to provide administration, operations and project management support to the Operations and Development departments within the Academy.
Driven by a passion for our winning culture, you’ll be a key player in helping to deliver our shared goals of sustainability through a uniquely global yet local community environment.
Role specific accountabilities:
1 Support the Academy Secretary and Head of Operations and Development with the development of academy policies and procedures, through information gathering, working with different stakeholders and producing written work to high standards.
2 To manage the collection and distribution of academy team results from matches and tournaments to the communications department, including producing match report information if required. This may include travelling with academy teams to away matches and domestic tournaments.
3 To provide operational support to the Academy Secretary for academy home matches, including welcoming guests, assisting with ticket distribution and other duties as required.
4 To assist the Academy Secretary and Phase Operations Managers with the management and distribution of allocated Academy tickets to first team matches.
5 To be the administration and operational support for the Logistics Team, including booking travel for fixtures, raising purchase orders, working closely key transport suppliers to ensure efficient service is provided.
6 Arranging meetings and recording key actions and minutes and to represent the academy at meetings when required.
7. To assist with the planning, coordination and delivery of relevant academy events when required
8. To be the main point of contact for the Premier League for the U9-U14 age groups and to ensure all communication with Premier League/FA/Governing Bodies is returned in a timely and accurate fashion.
9 To update and maintain Academy Football Squad database for all Academy players, including registration details as directed by the Academy Secretary.
10 Have a clear understanding of the rules and regulations relating to player registrations and players on trial at Manchester City.
11 To be the key representative of Manchester City FC Academy, at U18 home fixtures – to host the opposition, match officials, Premier League Staff, and other stakeholders as necessary, to ensure smooth operation of the fixture.
12 To manage petty cash requests and relevant distribution of match officials’ fees and expenses across all Academy age groups.
13 To manage the accreditation system for the Academy to ensure all parents, away teams, scouts and external visitors have the correct accreditation to access the venue.
Role specific knowledge, skills and experience:
• Excellent organisation and administrative skills.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office.
• Ability to manage projects and prioritise workload.
• Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
• Ability to balance conflicting demands and tight deadlines.
• Ability to communicate fluently, in English.
• Ability to manipulate and communicate complex data and ideas in terms that are easily understood by a range of audiences.
• Ability to produce written work and presentations to the highest standards.
• Ability and willingness to be flexible and work irregular and unsociable hours as required, including work outside normal office hours, at evenings and Bank Holidays.
• Ability to travel domestically with teams as required.
• Resilient in challenging situations and performs well in high pressure environments.
• Positive attitude and an appreciation of the importance of team culture.
• Able to build and maintain excellent relationships with demanding clients and stakeholders.
• Strives to produce the highest standards of work.
• Experience of working in a high performance environment as an athlete or through work/volunteer experience.
• Educated to degree level