Interview date31 May 2022Job DescriptionLocation: London, UK (office / client based 2-3 days / week) plus remote working
Duration: Full time, Permanent
Reports to: Head of Account Management
Start date: ASAP
Compensation: £37,000 - £41,000 + comprehensive benefits package
thinkBeyond is an ever-growing agency that provides consultancy and strategy delivery to brands, sports teams, leagues, rights holders, federations, talent, media, and governments who want to exceed their business goals and ignite positive social change. Spun off from the global movement, Beyond Sport, and a key part of the Benchmark group, thinkBeyond has grown significantly since its inception in 2013, tripling its staff and clients in the last three years. We have recently expanded our sustainability offering bringing on board both experience and clients, shaping leading sport sustainability strategies, supporting implementation, and providing the data and reporting to validate the positive impact we help our clients deliver.
With COVID-19 disrupting 2020 and everything we know as a society, business, and global eco-system, thinkBeyond has come out even stronger, but we still need to continue to evolve our narrative and offering. There is a clear desire from sports organisations, brands, cities, and governing bodies alike to define their purpose and impact more than ever before. The time for thinkBeyond is now.
thinkBeyond’s Account Manager will be responsible for managing several exciting and varied client projects, including those being delivered in partnership with some of the world’s leading brands. The Account Manager will also have the opportunity to support the wider thinkBeyond team on other projects. Clients we have worked with, and in many cases continue to do so, include Bloomberg, Disney, ESPN, Euroleague Basketball, the IOC, NFL, SAP, Special Olympics and WWE.
The role provides an opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to learn and flourish in account management, in a fast paced and exciting business dedicated to positive social impact. The successful applicant will need to show a passion for this social impact and your cover letter should demonstrate this over a desire to simply work in sport, as thinkBeyond truly celebrates the intersection between the two.
The Account Manager role has three key elements and the role entails managing these elements, ensuring timely and quality delivery.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with clients, often being their main contact within the business
- Project manage end-to-end delivery of client work to ensure a client’s brief, budget and timescales are met, this will involve developing and delivering project plans, and managing all project communications
- Responsible for ensuring that budgets are correct and are being effectively managed
- Create (including developing copy and managing design) key project documents including pitch presentations, delivery plans, progress updates and outcome reports
- Engage and manage additional members of the thinkBeyond team (both senior and junior), ensuring they contribute as needed for the timely delivery of the project
- Manage key project tasks, including organising incoming information and data, arranging meetings, communicating with key stakeholders
- Have the ability to proactively identify and solve problems (and when highlighting a problem always have a view of what a solution might be)
- Logistical and operations management during key client events
- Account Executive line management, supporting workflow and providing clear guidance and constant feedback
- Support Managing Directors, Head of Business Development and Senior Account Managers on creation of projects for clients, including brainstorming and production of proposals
- Consistently challenge thinking and processes throughout delivery to make improvements and ensure the best client experience
- Support with the development of impact measurement frameworks to ensure it is possible to assess project success
- Create surveys to collect information; extracting insights from data collected, analysing and presenting findings in reports
- Recommend both qualitative and quantitative data collection strategies to clients
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- 4+ years working experience, ideally within an agency, although relevant applicants from other backgrounds will be considered
- Excellent project management skills, including using project management tools, creating and managing timelines
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills
- Ability to think strategically and develop implementation plans to deliver key objectives
- Experience of delivery of measurement and evaluation processes and methods
- Experience of both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis is preferable
- A creative mind and a “think-outside-the-box” attitude
- Able to work efficiently, quickly, and to deadline – there is an immediacy element to our office that runs through everything we do
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently on projects running concurrently
- Commitment and belief in the ability of sport to create social change
- Ability to work independently, calmly and without micro-management- our team is small and an expectation to work independently and problem-solve on your own is essential
- Eligibility to work in the UK
What's in it for you?
- A cool office environment
- 20 days holiday and flexible working arrangements, plus 3 days off at Christmas
- Private health insurance plus cash plan
- Health and Wellness Programmes
- 2 Wellness days per year
- Bike 2 Work scheme
- Birthday donation
- Pension contributions
What it’s like to work with us
We’re constantly growing, innovating, creating, and delivering, and while we have offices on two continents (NYC and London) and do projects in cities all over the world, we are a team that is close-knit, caring, and dedicated – both to our work and to supporting each other. We travel to amazing places together and deliver ground-breaking projects for exciting clients or together with forward-thinking partners.
We witness first-hand how sport can change lives, and we are immersed in the commercial and business side of sport and social responsibility, making our position unique.
We want people to work with us who find this environment exciting and meaningful. Who see opportunities everywhere. Who always think we can do better. And who have fresh and new perspectives on how the world should be doing things.
At Benchmark, we value diversity and strive to foster a working environment that is inclusive, supportive and ensures that everyone is heard and valued for their contributions. We know that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace is one that is competitive and resilient. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
CHANGE THE WORLD. THINK BEYOND.
The world is changing, and expectations of organisations and their leaders have changed too. Every organisation has a responsibility not just to shareholders, but to society, to employees, to the environment, and to generally making the world a better place.
We anticipated this shift more than a decade ago when we launched thinkBeyond. We wanted to help organisations understand this shift, uncover their greater purpose and to deliver business gains; at the same time as enhancing their positive impact on the world. We are proud of thinkBeyond’s position at the intersection of social change and business growth and our history of helping clients around the world.
Our journey is rooted in sport; harnessing its unique power to engage communities, transcend boundaries and to bring about social change. Our abilities attracted some of the world’s best-known brands who wanted to use sport to improve society, and some of the world’s best-known sports organisations and athletes to use their influence to improve the world.
Through our sister organisation, Beyond Sport, our network of over 3,000 organisations in more than 150 countries is our strength, ranging from specialist NGOs to some of the world’s most influential brands. Our close bond with our network gives us unrivalled insight into what is needed on the ground, and ability to act quickly and impactfully throughout the world.
Our team of experts, together with our global network and over a decade of knowledge to guide and shape our thinking, contributes to unique solutions. We can offer comprehensive support throughout the journey, from creating strategy, to implementing it, and evaluating and communicating its impact.
Change the World. Think Beyond. We support organisations who want to make the world a better place and the only way to do this is if all we think beyond the usual.
thinkBeyond is part of Benchmark, a business investing in people and ideas that inspire and deliver experiences, connections, and impact. Benchmark is an open and inclusive environment. We embrace our talent's personal and professional ambitions, we provide a launchpad for our people's careers and work together to bring a fulfilling experience to our teams. We will only meet our goals if we are a place where people thrive, develop and lead. Just like the communities and networks we create, ‘Togetherness’ lies at the heart of the way we operate.
Earned Trust - We are experienced and come prepared. We deliver world-class work. We exceed expectations. We do what we say.
Healthy Restlessness - We are captivated by our work. We ask the necessary questions. We push beyond the present and hope to create a better future. We infuse energy and invention into everything we do.
Human Connection - We thrive on collaboration, we share, we support, and we are honest about our successes and challenges.