Human Resources Manager - Canterbury
Part-time (21 hours - Flexible over 3-4 days p/week)
Kent Cricket is seeking an experienced Human Resources (HR) Manager who will provide strategic and operational HR support to our 90+ staff including professional players and coaches, off-field administration staff, community coaches, St Lawrence Clinic and our additional 20+ volunteers.
As well as leading on all HR matters, the HR Manager will play a key role in the evolution of our organisational culture and play a key role in the implementation of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Action Plan.
This role is part of the senior executive Leadership Team (LST) and reports directly to the CEO. As a member of England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB), the HR Manager will also be a member of the HR Connect group consisting of ECB and First-Class Counties (FCCs) HR representatives.
• Strategy Development:
o Responsible for the priorities outlined in our “People” strategic pillar
o Maintain a series of reports to provide visibility of Club stats/ KPIs/ trends
o Present to six-weekly Board meetings including suggestions for improvements and strategies for implementation
• Safeguarding & Welfare: Liaising with County Safeguarding Officer and ECB Training Dept to ensure compliancy with all relevant requirements
• Legal: Advise management and senior colleagues on all aspects of employment law in partnership with the Club’s lawyers, Cripps LLP
• EDI: Lead on all EDI initiatives in collaboration with LST and ECB colleagues including EDI Action Plan development, promotion, training and EDI monitoring
• Policies & procedures: Responsible for Company HR related documents such as the Employee Handbook, policies and procedures, etc with specific alignment to agreements between ECB FCCs and Professional Cricketers Association (PCA).
• Compensation & benefits: Advise on all aspects of Company compensation and benefits and ensure effective management of the annual review process
• Recruitment: Manage end-to-end recruitment process, to ensure a professional approach up; to and including induction
• Performance & Development: Ensure implementation of mid-year and end of year Performance & Development Review process
• Training: Co-ordinate, advise and deliver training to ensure adherence to recognized best practice
• Disciplinary and grievance: Heading up all disciplinary and grievance cases to ensure full legal compliance and to maintain appropriate consistency
• Communications: Managing all HR related communication processes such as notice boards, newsletters, intranet in conjunction with Marketing team
• Operational Support in partnership with Finance team
o Liaise with Finance team to ensure population and maintenance of Breathe HR database to required legal and Company standards
o Provide guidance to Finance team on all HR related aspects of salary, pension scheme and TOIL queries
o Support Finance team to monitor key areas such as headcount, probations, attendance, etc
Experience & Qualifications
• At least five years HR management experience, preferably with some experience of EDI/organisational development/cultural change
• CIPD Qualification desirable
• Solid demonstrable understanding of employment law
• Drive, develop and implement HR Strategies and projects
• Strong presentation and stake-holder management skills
• Good IT skills with competency in Microsoft Office suite; Outlook, Word and Excel
• 23 days holiday (pro-rata)
• Access to Employment Assistance Programme
• Non-contributory 8% pension
• Free On-site parking
• 20% discount in Club shop
• Complementary Staff match day passes
• Life Assurance
• This role will be based at Kent Cricket’s headquarters in Canterbury.
• The Club has a policy of supporting working from home for a limited time each week with the agreement of Line Manager and in line with business priorities.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Organisations that are divers in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective are proven to be better organisations. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work is the right thing to do and we therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.