Originally from the UK, still hold a valid UK passport.
Coming from a BA Hons. degree educated background I am driven and determined with a willingness to learn and grow. Continuing to build on knowledge and experiences gained over a 15 year coaching career to date, both professionally and voluntary. My hardworking nature, ambition and inter-personal skills have helped me to build contacts with clubs and coaches all over the world.
Seeking to better myself in order to contribute to the development of future footballing talent as well as further my own experience and career development.
Kootenay Region, British Columbia
Full time permanent role
March 2014- Present
Vancouver Whitecaps Prospect Academy Centre
· Recruit, build and maintain a successful and profitable Elite Academy Centre in the Kootenay region of British Columbia.
· Delivering approximately 30 hours a week of on-field coaching sessions for multiple age groups in the Elite Academy Centre.
· Propose and organise outings with the teams/associations for tournaments, training camps and MLS weekends and undertaking a prominent role whilst at those events.
· High amount of travel to multiple Elite Academy Centres to deliver sessions, as well as being part of the summer camp coaching staff.
· Promoting and marketing the Vancouver Whitecaps across the region in order to drive new business and partners.
· Building links with school and youth soccer association boards for further development and business opportunities.
· Responsible for quadrupling the number of players in the program in the last 18 months.
· Undertaking contracts and delivering sessions to high schools soccer programmes.
· High amount of administration work, including emails, budgets, facility hire, session planning and LTPD programmes.
Technical Advisor to Local Associations
· Identify opportunities and presenting to local soccer associations to promote the Vancouver Whitecaps Technical contracts.
· Delivering those technical contracts with on-field sessions, technical advice and session planning for house and rep programs.
· Create and document playing and coaching philosophies for youth associations.
· Deliver coaching clinics and mentor volunteer coaches for soccer associations to ensure the correct philosophy/coaching style is being administered.
· Involved in the recruitment of soccer talent across the region of the Kootenay’s.
· Continuously display a professional nature throughout each contract, going above and beyond the expectations of youth associations to ensure repeat contract.
Clitheroe Football Club
First Team Coach
November 2013 – April 2014
· Undertake all coaching aspects regarding the first team.
· Review, plan & execute all coaching sessions.
· Responsible for all issues relating to coaching on a match day.
· Game analysis, reviews and future preparation.
· Travel to multiple games across the region to scout forthcoming opponents.
· Liaise with the youth teams to track progress of development players.
· Involved in recruitment of talent from across the region.
Nelson Football Club
Head of Development
June 2013 – November 2013
· Head coach of Nelson FC Development Squad (Members of Galaxy League (East)).
· Undertake a prominent role in the training and development of youth players aged between 16-23 years old and preparing them for a career in the senior team.
· Ensuring each individual player’s pre-agreed LTPD plan is being adhered to.
· Working closely with other coaches in the club, ensure high standards of coaching are maintained and the best possible experience for all players are being reached.
· Scouting and analysing games across local leagues in the county.
· Building links with clubs and coaches across the region to assist in loaning the development players out, helping them gain vital playing experience.
Nelson, British Columbia
Contract Soccer Coach
April 2012 – Oct 2012
· Head coach of multiple rep association sides of players aged between 12 to 18 years old.
· Promote and encourage participation in soccer across British Columbia.
· Ran house-team coaching sessions for younger players aged between 4 to 11 years old, aimed at increasing participation of soccer.
· Interacted with schools and parents to discuss the physical, mental and social benefits of soccer.
· Planned and delivered week long summer camp programmes (in conjunction with the Vancouver Whitecaps) with the focus aimed at enjoyment and developing basic player skills.
· Undertook all game-day coaching responsibilities at provincial and showcase tournaments.
· Mentored younger coaches and assisted them in delivering their sessions.
Sports Centre Supervisor
Jan 2011 – April 2012 & Oct 2012 – April 2014
· Fully responsible for the maintenance and general running of two 3G turf pitches, an indoor sports hall, fitness gym and three outdoor grass pitches.
· Took bookings and responded to questions and queries about the facilities availability and price.
· Carried out daily equipment checks to ensure safety.
· Dealt with all security matters and ensured the facility was safe and secure at closing time.
· The first contact for any first aid or emergency needs.
· Assisted other members of staff with delivering coaching sessions of multiple sports.
Healthy Lifestyle Coach
Sept 2010 – Jan 2011
· Delivered fun and innovative play sessions for primary school children.
· Promoted healthy lifestyles and active play amongst children and parents alike.
· Carried out daily equipment checks.
· Hosted meetings with teachers and parents in order to drive business.
University of Central Lancashire – 2010-2013
BA (Hons) Degree Sports Coaching & Elite Development
Blackburn College – 2004-2006
A Levels – PE, Media Studies & English Language
Rhyddings High School – 1997-2002
13 GCSE’s (11 A-C)
Other Qualifications, Awards, Skills and Interests
– Canadian Soccer Association Provincial B Licenced Coach
– CSA National B Licence approved (to begin May)
– NCCP (National Coaching Certification Program) Soccer Learning Facilitator
– English FA Level 1 & 2 Coaching Qualifications
– English FA Youth Module Level 1
– English FA Level 1 Futsal
– Member of the FA Licensed Coaches Club
– Qualified English FA Referee (over 200 games experience)
– Registered Lancashire Sport ‘Sports Maker’
Awards & Recognitions
– Hyndburn Coach of the Year – Winner 2011,
– Hyndburn Coach of the Year – Finalist 2012 & 2013
– Lancashire Sports Awards ‘Coach of the Year’ – Finalist 2011
Over 3000 hours volunteering hours covered (all non-profit organisations):
– The Bay Horse FC, Coach (Accrington Combination Football League, 2012 – 2014);
– Burnley University Football Team, Coach & Committee Member (BUCS League, 2010 – 2013);
– Enfield Football Club, Coach (East Lancashire Football League, 2011-2012);
– Stanhill WMC FC, Coach (Blackburn Sunday League, 2011-2012)
– Calder FC, Coach (Blackburn Sunday League, 2010-2011);
– Barrowford Celtic , Coach (Accrington & District Junior Football League, 2010-2011);
– Belthorn United Junior Football Club, Head Coach & Committee Member (Accrington & District Junior Football League, 2002 -2011);
Over 250 appearances, 98 goals
-Clitheroe FC, Evo-Stik Premier League
-Rossendale United, Evo-Stik Northern Premier League
-Ramsbottom United, Evo-Stik Northern Premier League
-Nelson FC, North West Counties Premier League
-Colne FC, North West Counties Premier League
-Padiham FC, North West Counties Premier League
BA Hons. Sports Coaching - University Of Central Lancashire
Regional Assistant - Vancouver Whitecaps