I would be grateful if you could consider my application for future positions in Professional / High Performance Sport. Please find my Curriculum Vitae attached including my qualifications, previous experience and professional achievements in elite sports.
Becoming part of a performance-centred, multi-disciplinary support team would fulfil my ultimate professional dream. I worked my whole professional life towards this goal. I am confident that this opportunity would see me utilising my full skill set to work effectively within the “Team behind the Team”.
I believe I meet all the specific requirements for the position including:
• My current role as Head of Sports Medicine for British Bobsleigh
• twenty-two year experience in high performance sports programmes, including travelling with National Teams at World Championships, World Cup and several international competitions at Senior Level
• my previous experience in Professional and High Performance Sport Programmes including Winter and Summer Olympic, Paralympic, Commonwealth and Major Games;
• my thorough understanding of what high performance athletes, coaches and management staff require to deliver world-class physiotherapy services at youth world-class competitions
• my habit to operate effectively within multidisciplinary teams by seeking co-ordinated interventions with existing Sports Science, Sports Medicine, Coaching and Performance Management staff
• my ability to maintain effective and ongoing communication with Chief Medical Officer, Lead Physiotherapist and Coaching Staff other appropriate staff before, during and after competition
• my established habit to maintain the highest standard of service through time-effective
self-management and organizational skills
I look forward to discussing my suitability for the position in person.
- Leadership - Developing
Postgraduate Module in Joint and Soft Tissue Injection Therapy - University of Essex
Postgraduate Certificate in Musculoskeletal Ultrasonography - University of East London
Master in Sports Physiotherapy - University of Melbourne
Degree in Physiotherapy - NHS Regional School of Physiotherapy