University of East Anglia, 02/2016-02/2018 MSc Physiotherapy
University of Hull, 09/2011-07/2014, BSc (Hons) Sport Rehabilitation: 2.1
Sir John Lawes School & Sixth Form, Harpenden, Hertfordshire
A Level: Psychology (B), PE (B), General Studies (B)
AS Level: Biology (D) Chemistry (E)
GCSE’s: English Literature (B), English Language (B), Mathematics (A), Biology (A), Chemistry (A), Physics (A), Geography (B), RS (A*), Art (B), PE (A), French (C), ICT Double Award (DD)
LTA Level 3 Licensed Tennis Coach
LTA Referee Course
Competition Organisers Course
Modern Tennis International: Phase MT1, MT2 and MT3
LTA Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Safeguarding & Protecting Children
Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
Sports Leaders Award
Level 1 Handball Coach
Royal Yacht Association Sailing Stage 4
Royal Yacht Association Stage 2 Windsurfing
Driving License and Car Owner
BSC Level 1 Health & Safety at Work
01/2015 – 12/2015. Development Coach at Nigel Willard Tennis and MK Inclusive.
I coach children and adults at several venues across Milton Keynes. With my focus on inclusion, those from under-represented socioeconomic backgrounds are funded to widen participation. As a highly qualified and experienced coach, I can easily adapt to suit all players needs; including the visually impaired.
09/2014 – 12/2015. Band 4 Physiotherapy Technician at Milton Keynes University Hospital.
Based in MSK Outpatients with experience in orthopaedics and hydrotherapy, I clinically assess and implement and progress treatment programmes for individuals as well as groups. Within my role I have treated patients with musculoskeletal conditions, neurological disorders, respiratory diseases, vestibular disorders and women’s health. I participate in in-service training, audits and develop the service through governance as well as managing and mentoring physiotherapy assistants.
03/2013 – 07/2014. South Hunsley Tennis Academy and Cherry Burton Tennis Club.
I organised several weekly groups at a school and a tennis club and worked within a smaller group of coaches. I am a highly motivated coach with a drive to inspire and motivate others.
08/2012 – 03/2013. Tennis Coach at David Lloyds.
Whilst building a rapport with players through coaching sessions, I motivate players to participate in competitions which are important for a child’s physical, emotional and mental development.
01/2007 – current. Tennis Coach at Harpenden Lawn Tennis Club in Hertfordshire.
My main role was within the mini tennis programme, coaching children of all ages, skill level, including those with learning difficulties. Following completion of a Competition Organisers Course, I organised match play on a weekly basis. Due to my positive attitude and contribution as a coach, player and social member at Harpenden Lawn Tennis Club, I was awarded the Vice Presidents Award.
07/2014 – 02/2015. The Hertfordshire Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre.
• Assist physiotherapists and personal trainers in the clinic, gym or home setting
• Practical experience with various neurological conditions, primarily MS or stroke patients.
• Carrying out stretches, exercises and experience of other treatments such as Hyperbaric Oxygen and complimentary therapies.
09/2012 –09/2014. Women’s Captain of Hull University Tennis Club
• Attended regular committee meetings and AGM’s
• Organised training, fitness sessions and matches, demonstrating my leadership skills
• Competed whilst managing the team to win the conference cup and was awarded half colours
08/2012 – 05/2014. Over 1000 hours fieldwork placement including:
• New Zealand Kiwis – working closely alongside physiotherapists in treating the international athletes as part of a larger medical team (2013 Rugby League World Cup)
• Hull Kingston Rovers (2013-2014)
• Events: assisting BUPA at The Great North Run (2012 & 2013) and The British Allam Squash Open (2013 & 2014)
• Various physiotherapy clinics in Hertfordshire and Yorkshire.
References – Available on request
- tennis coach; sports rehabilitator; activity leader; organised; motivator; reliable; outgoing