The World Cycling Centre (CMC) in Aigle is an outstanding multi-sport facility. It is used by the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) as a training centre and features a 200m Velodrome and BMX Super X track.
The World Cycling Centre is looking for a
WCC Track Coach
In your capacity as WCC Track Coach, you will be in charge of training, educating, developing and coaching athletes following training at the WCC.
Description of the position:
- Detect future WCC trainees
- Set clear and achievable objectives for athletes
- Be responsible for production and sharing of training plans, competition program and daily coaching of athletes at the WCC, its satellite centres and at competitions
- Plan the annual competition schedule and budget accordingly
- Be involved in the training of any development coaches or interns at the WCC
- Cooperate fully with any other coaches or medical representatives in charge of the athletes
- Maintain direct contacts with the organisers and other bodies concerned with securing the participation of WCC riders in national and international competitions.
- You have at least 3 years’ experience as a Track coach or as high-level Track athlete
- You have a sports science degree, coaching qualification or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of current training methods
- Excellent knowledge of Track techniques and tactics
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- You are at ease with MS-Office and have good written skills
- You have a first aid certificate
- You are fluent in English or French; an additional language would be an asset.
- Flexibility to travel abroad at weekends.
Start date in position: April 2018 or date to be agreed upon
Joining us is an opportunity to be part of current affairs in sports and to contribute to the success of the World Cycling Centre.
If this position interests you and you match the profile, please send a full dossier (application letter, CV, working qualifications and diplomas)