If you are a swimming teacher with administrative experience, looking to get out of the water, or if you are an operations manager looking to become part of a company that you can work towards making your own, contact us.
We are in search of an enthusiastic, hardworking, happy individual to join our growing swim school. The role is a permanent full time role, to start with immediate effect.
We are a medium sized swim school based in the Streatham, Tooting, Balham, Earlsfield, and Battersea areas in South West London. We run a personalised service that is focussed on the whole family. We offer a variety of swimming lessons; adult and baby lessons, learn to swim for toddlers as well as school going kids, squads for more advanced swimmers (pre-club) and adult lessons, for both learn to swim as well as advanced training. We have been lucky to build up a great team of teachers and an amazing admin lady over the last few years and would like to find someone who wants to grow with us as a business. We are not only looking for someone to fill a position, but rather someone to join our cause to conquer the world!
• 40-hours per week, comprising office work, pool co-ordinating and cover work. There will be co-ordinating hours on some evenings and Saturdays.
• We are willing to pay for additional training needed to fulfil the role.
• To be available as a cover teacher if and when needed.
• Has room for growth in terms of profit share.
The office work involves emails, lesson scheduling, phone calls from potential clients as well as managing current clients, teacher training, stock take, some basic accounting, as well as any other day to day things that come with running a swim school.
It is quite a physical role with pool visits and maintenance and the teacher training not restricting you to a desk. The role may vary over time, depending on your skills and the needs of the business, so we are looking for someone who is flexible and open to doing different things, such as marketing, research etc and who enjoys doing the day to day things that come with running a swim school.
What we need:
• A swimming teacher qualification – either ASA or equivalent
• Someone who has good communication and telephone skills as well as excellent English, be it a first or second language
• Someone who is friendly and has a positive view on life
• Reliability and good work ethic is a must
• Someone who works well with children, preferably with some teaching experience
• Someone with office work experience, who has worked with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Must be eligible to work in the UK.
We are all a passionate bunch, who love what we do. We believe in working hard and playing hard, which is reflected in our staff get-togethers, which we have at least once a term, at which we enjoy our other passions – yummy food and being merry! We are also quite a flexible bunch, and are happy to accommodate the right person.