Yas Marina Circuit is the United Arab Emirates’ most exciting sporting and entertainment multi-purpose venue.
Located on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, the circuit is home to the annual FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX and much more. In addition to the extensive year-round program of professional and grassroots motorsport events and experiences including Drag and Yas Track Nights, the circuit has emerged as a thriving hub for entertainment and community events in the UAE.
As the region’s most technologically advanced facility, the circuit is also a leading MICE venue, regularly hosting a diverse range of corporate meetings, conferences and events. Whether you want to experience the thrill of karting at our Kartzone, driving an Aston Martin GT4 at over 200km/hour on an F1 circuit, work towards your racing license at the Yas Racing School, get fit at StartYAS, TrainYas or GoYas, participate in one of our many sporting events, or simply catch up with friends at Yas Central, Yas Marina Circuit truly is The Meeting Place of Champions.
- Work with the Head of Sporting and Business Units for the effective utilisation of Paddock.
- Work with the Head of Events Management, Fleet Management, Operations and Health, Safety and Security during racing events to oversee on-the-ground coordination
- Monitor costing and efficiency of Paddock operations and conduct analysis to continually improve results
Pit and Paddock
- Manage Pit and Paddock areas includes Drag, VDA and Kart including planning resources and physical presence during races and events.
- Ensure to be the main point of contact for race teams prior to arrival and during their stay.
- Manage the paddock order form process in conjunction with BU, Sales and Finance Dept.
- Oversee & coordinate all incoming and outgoing teams and suppliers freight in conjunction with local and international forwarders.
- Ensure standards and confidentiality required by law and Management are maintained at all times
- Ensuring all health and safety measures are implemented and adhered to
- Work within set budgets and ongoing budget reviews to look at ways to cut spending
- Management of the garages and team buildings in the pit and paddock area’s including Drag, VDA and Kart
- Work with Supply Chain Management Dept. raising requests using E-source ensuring all procured items are available as per team’s requests
- Manage and oversee the coordination with all Pit lane management during Sporting and Public events
- Parc ferme management in conjunction with race series owners, officials and race control
- Manage Podium operations during all Sporting events
- Ensure the Pit and Paddock areas are maintained and fit at all times
- Manage all the all needs and requests of clients and teams
- Assisting in other areas of sporting such but not limited as track recovery, fire safety and drag events
- Oversee the management of driving vehicles including cars, trucks and forklifts where necessary to carry out tasks
Emergency Preparedness and Incident Management:
- Monitor Pit & Paddock activity and continually assess set frameworks for responsiveness and preparation.
- Oversee the coordination with all safety officers including emergency services and race control in the event of accidents.
- Develop asset damage reports for any FF&E damages that occur and prescribe evaluative measures that need to be implemented as a consequence.
Management of Pit and Paddock Team:
- Manage and direct day-to-day activities of direct reports, to ensure timely delivery activities and achievement of overall targets.
- Provide ongoing career development, support and coaching for direct reports.
- Provide feedback to team, and identify need based training requirements for direct reports.
- Knowledge of motorsports race officiating requirements and management of motorsports track
- Industrial and technical knowledge of the motorsports industry
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and traveling
- Able to work weekend and overnight shifts
- Passionate about the industry
- Valid driving license
- Languages: English is mandatory and Arabic would be preferred
- 6 years of industry related experience and Minimum 5 or above years’ experience on F1 event delivery in particular pit and paddock