U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We are seeking motivated, passionate, skillful people, who can think, create and work on a team
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development
Working within the High Performance Department to integrate data and statistical analysis from various technologies into the everyday coaching and player environment to optimize performance and development.
High Performance Department (HPD) Overview
o Maximize performance across all sport development programs
o Provide multi-disciplinary expertise
o Integrate high performance into everyday environment
o Develop innovative and soccer specific research
- Utilize multi-disciplinary standards
- Implement systematic and evidence based approaches
- Make information accessible and practical
- Develop and manage a network of qualified experts
· Working under the guidance of the Performance Analysis Manager (PAM) & High Performance Director (HPD), contribute to the design and delivery of world class performance analysis support.
· Travel extensively with USSF teams in training camps and games both within the U.S.A and abroad
· Develop strong working relationships across the multi-disciplinary team, sharing and informing best practice.
· Ensure the highest standards of data and player information is collected in line with the requirements of the PAM, HPD and the USSF
· Lead, develop and implement all performance analysis delivery and data collection. This includes (but not limited to) pre- match, in match and post match analysis, individual player support, opposition analysis and long term player tracking.
· Manage and develop relationships with external technology partners to enhance the support of performance analysis
· Support the USSF in providing specific player feedback to the players and domestic clubs/colleges to ensure bi-lateral data exchange.
Other duties as assigned or required. May include:
- Ensure you are up to date on the latest performance analysis research and technology and help support the development of other performance analysts within the USSF
· Support the PAM & HPD in developing internal and external research.
- Support the development of internal resources required within the high performance department
· Degree in data related field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Sport Science)
· Minimum two (2) years of experience working in a data-driven/analytical capacity
· Excellent analytical and verbal communication skills – the ability to convey the ‘story’ from the data
· Broad proficiency within Excel (VBA, macros, formulas, etc.)
· Practical experience with Tableau or another popular visualization software
· Fundamental awareness of programming languages (Python, R, or SQL)
· Strong knowledge and understanding of the game of soccer and the overall landscape in the U.S.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Coaching/Playing experience preferred
· Strong verbal, written, in-person and presentation communication skills
· Excellent organizational, data collection, planning and leadership skills
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
Performance Evaluation Criteria:
How are you successful?
- Think/Create – Are you thinking strategically and creating new processes to increase efficiency and improve the program?
- Manage – Do you have a development plan for teams and players and are you providing regular, necessary and meaningful feedback?
- Communicate – Are you communicating proactively, openly and effectively about your efforts and productivity with internal and external audiences?
- Execute – In order of priority, what plans/initiatives are currently in deployment and are they meeting all established deadlines?
- Measure – What quantitative data are you using and reporting on to continually measure effectiveness and/or support new ideas/asks?
- Deliver – Are you performing at a level comparable with your peers in the company and are you seen internally and externally as a credible expert?
- Service – Do you act in a manner consistent with the company’s values and serve as a mentor/role model?
To apply with your online resume, you first need to create one. You can do so here: create a resume