An exciting opportunity has arisen at Motherwell Football Club to fill the position of Head of Academy Sport Science and Medicine.
The club is looking to appoint a suitably qualified Sport Scientist to fill this role, joining the existing multidisciplinary team. The successful candidate should demonstrate experience in both gym and field based work, with particular respect to maturation of youth footballers. This post will include working with youth squads from ages 13 to under 20 and will include evening and weekend work.
• Be responsible for ensuring the clubs philosophy for medical and science provision is implemented efficiently throughout the academy.
• Design, plan and implement strength and conditioning interventions for all academy squads.
• Complete fitness/maturation testing and assist with screening of all academy players.
• Attend games and provide match day fitness support
• Work together with the rest of the MDT to provide holistic support for all
• Manage Sport Science and Medicine CPD Program for staff
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Undergraduate Degree in Sport Science
• Masters Degree in Sport Science
• 3 Years postgraduate experience in football
• Experience in designing and coaching gym based strength and
• Full UK drivers licence
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Experience in using GPS
• Good level of IT experience (e.g. excel pivot tables etc)
• Demonstrates resourcefulness in providing a holistic athlete support
program.How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter, detailing your experience and suitability for the role and current salary in maximum 2 A4 pages