An exciting opportunity has become available at Watford Football Club. We are currently looking to recruit a First Team Physiotherapist, working closely with the Senior First Team Physiotherapist, Medical Team and Sports Science Team. Duties will involve organising and implementing the sports science, strength and conditioning, movement analysis, treatment, progressive rehabilitation, medical screening and health/medical education programmes for our first team players.
The role will be based at the clubs training ground in London Colney and will include working evening and weekends, please note there may be a requirement to travel with the team including overnight stays when necessary.
There are no normal set hours of work for this role, you will work around the training regime and fixtures of the first team.
The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic, hardworking, and be flexible to the requirements of the position and the business. Applicants should ideally live local to Watford and be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit and ideally have experience working within a similar role.
• Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP)
• BSc Chartered Physiotherapist qualification
• Registered Member of the Health Professions Council
• AREA/REMO pitch side trauma qualified
• Previous experience in the sporting domain, preferably with senior players
• Familiarity with musculoskeletal screening, movement analysis and correction of aberrant motor patterns
• Competent in the prescription of strength and conditioning programmes
• Intermediate First Aid for Sport Qualification or an Equivalent or Higher Qualification
• Experience in a similar role within a football Club of a similar size is vital, as is a comprehensive understanding of the implications of the ‘Elite Player Performance Plan’ legislation.
• An ability to build networks and obtain and manage important information are of huge importance.
Person Specification/Desirable requirements
• MSc Physiotherapist qualification or equivalent or working towards MCs
• Knowledge of football medical programme requirements is essential.
• Must be able to communicate and interact with a wide range of staff.
• Must have the ability to work on own initiative and under pressure.
• Must have the ability to develop within the role, learn new skills and deal with change.
• Must be highly organized and assertive with strong communication and time management skills.
• Excellent communication & management skills
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
Watford Football Club is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.