The Arsenal Medical Team’s aim is to provide a world class level of care for the first team squad. With roles including team doctor, physiotherapists, masseurs and a range of consultancy staff including nutritionist, osteopath, yoga teacher and podiatrist there is a team approach to delivering high quality medical input to the players.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide massage/appropriate soft tissue techniques to the first team squad, and where required the young professionals and provide the same for the injured players under guidance from the physiotherapists.
Secondarily, where required to assist with the current screening process already in place for the first team and to contribute to the development of this process. The post holder will contribute to and attend, where relevant, the existing internal CPD programme which is scheduled at suitable times throughout the season.
• Contribute to the wellbeing and readiness to train of the first team squad
• To provide massage therapy input to improve the fit players and minimise their time lost due to injury
• To travel with the Under 21/reserve squad to games where required
• Evaluate effectiveness of the techniques applied
• To work with other members of the Medical team to provide an holistic approach to the treatment and prevention of injury
• To contribute to the team’s internal continual professional development
• To contribute to the massage therapies given to players on specified matches and all training sessions and, where requested, support to medical team in the team hotel pre-match
Main Job Requirements and Person Specification
• Sports Massage qualification (of which there are many different types)
• Degree qualification advantageous
• Experience of working with elite level athletes.
• Experience of working with sports injuries.
• Experience of working in a team environment.
• Excellence in the understanding and delivery of massage therapy
• Ability to effectively communicate, both written and orally, in a clear and logical manner.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively to achieve best client care.
• Set and maintain high standards of work performance and deliver quality consistently and efficiently.
• Able to take an holistic approach to the treatment of players whether injured or not.
• To use knowledge and expertise to promote the health and wellbeing of individual clients
• Basic computer skills including knowledge of word processing, databases, presentation packages and the internet.
• Experience of working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team.
• The successful applicant will be required to undergo a satisfactory enhanced DBS check
Hours of Work
This role requires individuals to work at such times (including on public holidays, evening, day time and weekend) and for such periods as the efficient and conscientious discharge of the duties require.
Arsenal FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Please note, you have until 23:59pm on 26 July 2017 to apply for this vacancy.
To apply with your online resume, you first need to create one. You can do so here: create a resume