We are looking to employ an enthusiastic and ambitious Dance Project Co-ordinator to imbed them within our organisation, to prepare for stronger growth and continuously strive to implement our organisation’s strategy.
The ensuing Co-ordinator will be required to manage the continually developing day to day activities of their projects. The Co-ordinator, will need to be a dynamic, creative and influential person capable of solving problems and leading others. They will have a genuine interest in working with young people with a range of abilities.
Versatility, flexibility and observational instinct will play a key part in inspiring our delivery team and organisation to deliver outstanding community and education initiatives. Most of all, the applicant will need to be an outstanding communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
Support Sport will expect applicants to have, or be willing to learn the necessary skills to fulfil the following roles, responsibilities and duties.
– Micro, Meso, Macro Project Planning to ensure effective and efficient delivery of KPI’s. Managing the roles and KPI’s of their project.
– Communication, co-ordination and logistics of to increase quality of delivery.
– Prepare monthly reports to Line Manager (Director).
– Developing project strategies and organising resources to advance those goals.
– Identify business opportunities, gaps in the market or perceived needs of potential users.
– Support the Company Directors in the delivery of Support Sport Community and Education Strategies.
– Manage budgets of various projects and report to Line Manager.
– Purchasing/Ordering goods for project delivery, marketing, branding and general project needs.
– Ensure workers have the resources to complete their work.
Roles (Sports Coach)
• Develop and maintain a professional relationship with Support Sport staff, cliental and partners, as well as maintaining a professional public image.
• Identify needs and develop programmes relevant to the post.
• Lead in coaching and development of 4-19 year olds.
• Undertake the necessary CPD opportunities, in order to fulfil and improve current requirements and standards of delivery.
• Plan, Promote, Deliver and Evaluate our Support Sport Holiday Clubs in Coventry and Warwickshire.
• Support the management/development of all staff, apprentices, trainees and volunteers.
• Support all Support Sport events and projects.
• Support the positive development and publicity of Support Sport.
• Agree to abide by a code of conduct and carry out duties in accordance with Support Sport policies and procedures; including equal opportunities, child protection, health and safety at work etc.
• Ensure that all activities are delivered to the very highest standards.
• To follow excellent safeguarding practice at all times.
• To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time commensurate with the grade of the post
• Follow excellent timekeeping, communication and programme delivery routines, necessary to the maintenance of the programmes.
Responsibilities and Duties
– Set and maintain high personal and workforce standards.
– Work with local, regional and national partners to ensure a co-ordinated approach to our work.
– Build and maintain networks and positive working relationships within, and externally to Support Sport, and our projects, displaying professionalism and enthusiasm.
– Attend meetings or networking events as a representative of Support Sport.
– Agree to abide by a code of conduct and carry out duties in accordance with Support Sport policies and procedures; including equal opportunities, child protection, health and safety at work etc.
– Ensure that all activities are delivered to the very highest standards
– To be committed to continuous professional development relevant to the post and personal training needs supporting future career advancement.
– To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time commensurate with the grade of the post.
– To follow excellent safeguarding practice at all times.
– Deliver Coaching and/or tutoring sessions to the highest standard. Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Qualifications Knowledge and Experience: Essentials
– Relevant knowledge and experience of sports and community development
– Knowledge of issues that affect excluded individuals or communities
– Knowledge of relevant governing body programmes, policies and practices.
– Good understanding of Child Protection, Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities principles, policies and procedures.
– Minimum of two years’ experience working in a sports coaching, youth work or community development setting.
Dance Teaching and leading sports programmes
– Experience of coaching and delivering in a wide range of environments including schools, club, and community settings
– Understanding of managing and leading staff or a commitment and passion for this.
– Understanding of leading partnership work at a local level with a range of organisations Qualifications – A level 2 coaching qualification (Level 3 or working/willing to acquire is desirable).
– At least one other National Governing Body coaching certificate
– Sports Development, Performing Arts, Dance, Coaching or Management Degree (or other similar degree)
– First Aid Certificate – Safeguarding Level 1
– Full UK Driving Licence (Clean and willing to drive within the role)
– Clean DBS and other successful Safer Recruitment benchmarks. Person Specification
– A genuine passion for the role and the work of the organisation
– A genuine passion for working with children, communities and disadvantaged groups.
– Accurate and diligent
– Integrity and conscientious
– Team player
– Communication skills
– Customer care