An exciting opportunity has arisen within Suffolk Cricket for a Part-time Business Administration Officer. Working as
part of the Suffolk Cricket Development team, you’ll help support and develop cricketing opportunities within
Position: Business Administration Officer, Suffolk Cricket Board Limited
Hours: 22.5 hours per week (flexible working hours, primarily home based)
Pay: £12,000 Candidates will be provided with a laptop and mobile phone
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 19th Feb 2018
Interview Date: Thursday 22nd Feb (AM) – Barker Gotelee Offices, 41 Barrack Square, Martlesham, Ipswich IP5 3RF
Start Date: March 2018
Job Purpose: Suffolk Cricket are looking for a highly organised and self-motivated administration officer, responsible
for a range of Administration processes to support the operation of Suffolk Cricket, Associations and Cricket
The Candidate will report to: Cricket Operations Manager, Rob Jones
Management and maintenance of the new Suffolk Cricket Website and Facebook.
Administrative support for the Chance to Shine programme.
Manage the administration for the Coach Education programme.
Communicate and administer the Affiliation process to Clubs.
Act as first point of contact for clubs, coaches and general enquiries.
Maintaining multiple IT systems within Suffolk Cricket.
Manage communications to clubs and wider cricket community.
Represent Suffolk Cricket in a positive and professional manner.
Carry out duties as required by the Development Team.
1. Experience of databases, data management and data protection.
2. Excellent verbal and written presentation skills.
3. Financial awareness, payroll and budget monitoring.
4. Event / Course management.
5. Able to communicate with a wide range of audiences (eg volunteers, ECB, clubs)
6. Multi-tasking and balancing priorities.
Skills & Abilities Required:
1. Updating and managing a variety of IT systems.
2. Excellent IT skills, including MS Office proficiency.
3. Strong administration and organisational skills.
4. Ability to manage their own time, work on own initiative, be self-motivated and support members of the Cricket
Community, ECB, Board, Associations and Development Team.
5. Ability to remain calm, efficient, customer focused and professional whilst working under pressure.
6. Good attention to detail and motivated to achieve high standards.
1. Successful candidate will be required to obtain valid Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
2. Fully support our commitment to provide an environment that is safe, welcoming and friendly for children and
for all people to enjoy the game of cricket.
3. Candidates will need a full driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes.
4. Flexible attitude to work.
5. Ability and willingness to attend regular team meetings and occasionally work unsocial hours.