This is a key role within our Academy in which you will be responsible for and manage all its non-football / technical aspects, e.g. Budget, Education, Operations, Regulatory issues, Staffing, Safeguarding, etc. You will lead the Operations’ side of the Academy, ensuring that all aspects run effectively and to the highest standards, promoting the Academy culture and creating an elite environment for the development of young players. You will also oversee the Academy’s Budget and manage and administer all operational expenditure.
You will manage the Academy Operational staff (Facilities, Kitchen, Transport, Kit & Football equipment), the Head of Education and Welfare, and liaise closely with Coaching, Medical and Recruitment Staff.
Your responsibilities will be to:
• Manage all non-football/technical aspects of the Academy, including but not limited to Education, Operations, Regulatory issues, Staffing, Safeguarding etc, and take overall responsibility for the operating budget.
• Manage all Academy and U23s day to day operations ensuring all staffing, transport, accommodation, hospitality, medical care, kit, facilities and equipment needs are met.
• Produce weekly, monthly & yearly scheduling of the Academy Programme.
• Manage the Academy fixture schedules for U9-U17 including correspondence with clubs, distributing relevant fixture information (exchange calendar, fixture lists) and work closely with Assistant Club Secretary regarding U23 and U18 fixtures.
• Carry out all match preparations, including but not limited to match officials and their expenses, facilities, hospitality, transport, accommodation, food and accreditation.
• Ensure that all paperwork is completed and up to date for EPPP compliance and ongoing audit processes.
• Manage the diary, meeting schedule, agendas and minutes in line with EPPP requirements for all departments including distributing weekly activity sheets and create reports in preparation for meetings as required and accurately update all relevant information from the weekly meeting.
• Liaise with the Academy Manager, Head of Football Operations and HR regarding staffing needs and CPD requirements.
• Check timesheets and expense claim forms ahead of submission to Head of Football Operations and payroll/accounts.
• Liaise with the Head of Education to ensure departmental needs are met.
• Liaise with the Club’s Designated Safeguarding Officer to ensure full compliance with all safeguarding policies and procedures and completion of DBS checks throughout the Academy.
• Liaise with the Head of Recruitment and Assistant Club Secretary to ensure compliance with Club recruitment policies and procedures on Player recruitment including trialists, and Article 19 including obtaining player documentation, ensuring that the BAME recruitment procedure is followed when recruiting coaching staff.
• Ensure compliance with all rules and regulations for the Football Association, EFL, PL, FIFA as applicable to young players, inc Player recruitment.
• Carry out the administration for and manage the relationships with host families to meet the accommodation needs of young players.
• Prepare and distribute trip/tour paperwork including EFL/PL/FA forms, travel arrangements, insurance, itineraries, booking & pre-visits.
• Liaise with key members of the Club staff and external bodies to ensure full compliance in all areas e.g. Marketing, Facilities, Security, and ensure compliance with all policies and procedures contained in the Staff Handbook, in particular Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety at all times.
• Attend professional development events and play a key role on the Academy Management Team, attend Technical Board & Football Operations meetings, participating in the continual review, analysis and development of the Academy’s vision and strategy.
• Monitor and update ISO audit criteria.
• Monitor the updating of the Performance Management System (PMA).
• Oversee scout requests in line with Academy protocol and EFL rules.
You will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Degree level or equivalent education or relevant professional training or experience.
• Valid FA safeguarding certificate
• Valid DBS check
• Knowledge of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP)
• Experience of working with football regulations
• Experience working within an elite playing environment
• Experience of organising trips, tours and tournaments, both nationally and internationally
• Experience in undertaking health and safety duties and responsibilities appropriate to the post
In addition, you will:
• Be driven to achieve deadlines, organise and prioritise workload effectively, and continually review ways of working to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Have demonstrable skills and abilities in an executive PA / administration capacity.
• Display excellent interpersonal skills, with people of all ages and backgrounds, and be able to maintain confidentiality, and act with tact and diplomacy.
• Communicate verbally and in writing clearly and concisely and be able to understand and explain matters arising in own area of work.
• Contribute to internal and external networks, actively seek to build productive relationships, share information and ideas and improve working practices.
• Have excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office, intranets, web and Outlook
• Be willing and flexible to deal with urgent changes / demands, whilst maintaining existing workload.
• Be adept at handling difficult situations and confidential matters according to policy and procedures, referring to others where necessary and appropriate.
1. You will be required to maintain flexibility with working hours to meet the demands of the role, working on all match days and across all Club sites including the Stadium, Club offices, Training Ground.
2. Full clean UK driving licence is desirable but not essential